• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2021-22 Transfer Thread

The transfer portal is a lot different than it was a decade ago when we added JB, Guthrie and Burwell. Guthrie was an undersized juco small forward and the others received little playing time at Georgetown and USF. I’m not saying we added a JB, but three proven double digit scorers, who can play both ends of the floor and add Holland, if he is healthy. We need our last ship to be a legit big that can defend, rebound and do the little things.

We should be a lot better and the bench should be stronger as well. Curious about the three freshmen coming in, but there won’t be a lot of pressure on them to start or play a lot.

• Like 2

UT Martin went 8-16 but glancing at some of the box scores Cam shot a good percentage. 

My overall takeaway from all these adds..  none of them need or take 20+ shots a game to be able to be effective like ZM needed to. 

Credit to Skerry and his staff for being aggressive this offseason..  how many guys were we in on total!?  

Our program hasn’t been easy to sell and they did it.  

16 hours ago, mat1992 said:

All I know is that he's impressive

Yes it’s a highlight tape but he looks like he plays slow (not in a bad way). Looks like he knows what he’s trying to do and doesn’t force or rush shots/drives/passes. 
His passing in transition is going to need to change though. We don’t do that when going 3-1 😂😂

• Haha 1

I know we are likely done with transfers and I am not even sure this kid is at a high level, but seems like a Four McGlynn type shooter from the little I saw of him as a freshman at Georgetown. 

I thought this was a very interesting quote from Cam Holden from 247sports.com when he was down to six schools.

https://247sports.com/college/new-orleans/Article/Basketball-recruiting-Arkansas-Towson-Cincinnati-USF-Wichita-State-New-Orleans-Cam-Holden-163487096/

Towson: “I like Towson because they want me to come in and play my true position, because they don't see me playing as a wing. They need a guy who plays hard and they say they have a bunch of shooters. I'm not a marksman from three but I can hit shooters. I watched film on them and along with their shooters they have a great big so I would fit in well with them as well.”

Pretty damn honest self-assessment and yes, it sounds like he'll be a small four. But one who can rebound his ass off. (I know, a bunch of shooters. Hopefully, we have them now in Holland, Nolan, a healthy Gibby and Rizzuto.)

• Like 3