• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Stop me if you’ve heard this before

We’re up by 12 early in the 2nd half, only to be out scored 47-27 the remainder of the 2nd half. This team can’t play with a lead. Unfortunately, this team can’t play from behind either.

Gray & Timberlake with 22 points combined in the 1st half, and, wait for it ... ZERO combined points in the 2nd half. How is that conceivable?

Our “best” player has 15 points total in our 1st 2 conference games.

Tunstall with several wide open jumpers at the elbow, which he missed.

Thompson & Dottin combined for zero points.

It was a treat to see Nate Archibald in his prime though (KC-Omaha Kings-old school, the year he lead the league in scoring & assists). Oh wait, that was Buie from Hofstra, with 35 points today. Anyone think our PG problems are solved, please raise your hand. Dude just drained another 3 from the team bus

But hey, we did out rebound them!! 

I would like to hear from anyone on this board who, notwithstanding the small sample size of 2 games, thinks our ceiling is higher than 6 conference wins.

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

We’re up by 12 early in the 2nd half, only to be out scored 47-27 the remainder of the 2nd half. This team can’t play with a lead. Unfortunately, this team can’t play from behind either.

Gray & Timberlake with 22 points combined in the 1st half, and, wait for it ... ZERO combined points in the 2nd half. How is that conceivable?

Our “best” player has 15 points total in our 1st 2 conference games.

Tunstall with several wide open jumpers at the elbow, which he missed.

Thompson & Dottin combined for zero points.

It was a treat to see Nate Archibald in his prime though (KC-Omaha Kings-old school, the year he lead the league in scoring & assists). Oh wait, that was Buie from Hofstra, with 35 points today. Anyone think our PG problems are solved, please raise your hand. Dude just drained another 3 from the team bus

But hey, we did out rebound them!! 

I would like to hear from anyone on this board who, notwithstanding the small sample size of 2 games, thinks our ceiling is higher than 6 conference wins.

If there’s a different coach and philosophy I’ll take the over on the 6!

Dare to dream TUTigers2012. In the private sector, these type of dismal results would result in change, but I can’t think of anyway around that contract extension he got a couple years ago. I think he’s here until what, spring, 2027? And if you think things are bad so far, wait until next year