• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

More positivity

Women go for their sixth straight win on Sunday when they face Hofstra at home at 2pm. I don't know if there has been a time in our history where both the men's and women's teams have won six straight at the same time in conference play (in D1). And yes, we've now won five straight games by 8 more points for the first time in school history in MBB.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Women go for their sixth straight win on Sunday when they face Hofstra at home at 2pm. I don't know if there has been a time in our history where both the men's and women's teams have won six straight at the same time in conference play (in D1). And yes, we've now won five straight games by 8 more points for the first time in school history in MBB.

Is that all time? D2 <also?

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Is that all time? D2 <also?

I have no clue about D2. I know the men were very good back in the 70s and the women had some good teams, so it could have happened but as far as I've been covering the team, when the men were good, the women weren't. Then the women had a few good seasons here and there, but during that 15-season losing streak for the men. I doubt it ever happened in the last 30 years, but I could be wrong. 

I believe the last time we won six straight in conference was in 2016-17. Of course, two years ago, we won 10 straight but that was non-conference against all mid-major competition. And it didn't help much in conf. play. Is it possible that the tough non-conf. schedule is finally paying off?