• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

O'Neill kicks 42-yarder to give Towson a 16-14 win over SFU

A big back also has to have some explosion. You saw what happened when they gave the ball to Jordan Waite at the 2 and he's about 240ish. He got knocked back. That's not a good sign for the interior of the line. But it appears that's who we are going with and nothing is going to change up front barring an injury. So how did we score? We ran left over Harris and a TE (assuming it was Zeus Barrio) and Platt scored off tackle not up the middle. Stover can be used in some situations in the Pistol in the running game and he's a big kid, but he'll be roughed up if you rush him 14+ times every game.

So Jammer is going to need to be creative to score inside the 5. If he is not going to use Scott or Bryant, how about Vermillion as the big back? Another true freshman and a fullback but does have some athletic ability and can run. Guessing that won't happen so I think you go with some play-action stuff and boots hoping that Stover makes the right decision. Big back or no big back, if you had a strong OL, you wouldn't worry about this kind of stuff. You would just knock the DL over and score.

Very good insight and you are right you gotta be explosive at the point of attack Jordan was never a RB not even in high school scott was and had 1500 in the 757 we produce RB look at jmu this years back from 757 and last years back from 757 both of them rushed for over a 1000 yards you gotta know what to do with what you got

Yes you can never said I knew it all but if you think I speak with supreme authority thats cool too when you honest you can be supreme.since you coach in the 301 if you don't like my opinions that's cool