• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

3-Star Florida PF Solomon Uyaelunmo commits to Towson

51 minutes ago, BradTU said:

Great pickup! Several offers from high major programs.

Looks to be like a Benimon-type player. 

That's a good comparison. Not super athletic or as wide as JB but has nice handles. Better shooter than he was at that age. Appears to be great rebounder but can't tell how he is on defense. We have so many bodies up front, wonder if he redshirts thought he might be too good. Looks like he can play some small forward.

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Wow. That link projects him to Ole Miss, with interest from some serious programs like Colorado & Xavier. You would think a kid from Baltimore would be swayed to get away from home, but you never know. I don't recall if this kid is listed on verbal commits as someone we offered, not that that necessarily means anything. Where'd you get the news that he's visiting, if you're allowed to disclose 

Would love to see Higgs commit. But after seeing all those southern belles down in Oxford & seeing the Rocky Mountains in Boulder, I'd think we have our work cut out for us (although, TU doesn't take a back seat to many when it comes to lovely coeds?)

It would be an incredible get to pickup Higgs. He is the type of player that could take us places and people would come out to watch him. Nothing against Jordan McNeill or Justin Gorham, who has a chance to be pretty good, but Higgs moves the needle locally.  Not sure I see it with all those majors there unless he wants to stay home.

I did notice on verbal commits that he cut ODU, Mason & K-State from his list, so at least we've made his shortlist. Hey, the kid from Florida had a Georgetown offer, amongst others, & chose us, so dare to dream, I say! (Although I still think he winds up at Mississippi or CU).

8 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Would love to see Higgs commit. But after seeing all those southern belles down in Oxford & seeing the Rocky Mountains in Boulder, I'd think we have our work cut out for us (although, TU doesn't take a back seat to many when it comes to lovely coeds?)

Well, unless he's the son of John Denver, I'm sure he can give a bleep about the Rockies and the girls, I know that's Ole Miss' reputation. But he appears to be happy in that department. Guessing we are a major long shot. Wonder when he's announcing or narrowing his list from Ole Miss, Colorado, Cincinnati, UMass, Towson, St. Joe's, Xavier, Tulsa.

https://twitter.com/Flyhighant

Stiff competition to say the least. 

I mention the Rocky Mountains because it reminds me of a 30/30 episode I saw on ESPN, where former CU football coach Bill McCartney mentioned how once he got a recruit on campus, and they saw the sheer natural beauty surrounding CU, that many of those kids dropped Oklahoma & Nebraska & committed to CU. I've been to Boulder & it is quite impressive. Of course, you may be correct that none of that means squat to Higgs.