• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Anthony Higgs to Ole Miss

Does your intimation last week that some good news was brewing on the recruiting front still apply, or was that based exclusively on some belief that Higgs was coming to Towson?

well, I guess my question is do you have any sense from someone connected with the program that we're seriously in play on Wood? Not asking for source. Or is it more akin to merely a wish/hope?

At this point, I'm just going to just hope we get Wood but not going to cry if we don't. Because I know we are pushing for a lot of players but competition is strong. I had a feeling that Higgs coming here was too good to be true. He's just too good for the CAA. But getting a player of Wood's caliber at point guard is just as important as getting a star like Higgs, who could have owned the league with his talent. We don't necessarily need a star at the point but we need somebody that can make defenses be weary of. Somebody that you know you have to stop to key the game.

I think we need to win a title to get somebody like Higgs. But to win a title, we need somebody like Wood. Not saying we can't do it this season if somebody steps up in the CAA Trny and becomes "the guy".