• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Chatting for Richmond game

Since I had nobody on the chat two weeks ago, I'm posting this. The game is on FCSP and I don't think that stands for Football Championship Subdivision. It is a non-HD channel but I guess that's better than nothing. Seems like the day will get a lot nicer, in the 70s and sunny by this afternoon. A good team and very good qb to check out. Wish I could say I had some optimism about this one but I think most people feel the same way. Even with Shane and Morgan, this would be very tough. I just don't know how our defense is going to stop them without a pass rush.

I've had a better time going to the dentist office. Tristan Harris should start the rest of the season, assuming he can take care of the ball and they need to find some packages to use his wheels. Defense tried, against a very good offense. They dialed up a lot of blitzes, was happy to see that. You aren't going to hold this team to under 30 points, especially after five turnovers.

Lack of running game and creativity inside the 10. Just pathetic.

It wasn't this bad last season. I'm talking offense And we were 7-4 in 2015. At least we had a semblance of an offense. We put up 30 I think on Richmond last year down there. That was with Knudson.

Outside of URI it's hard to see another win this season.  Stunning decline in the program over the last 4 years. Bit by bit, slowly like being waterboarded, this program is inching back to what it was in terms of results under Gordy Combs.

This is now 4 straight seasons of not making the playoffs.  How many, if any, members of the on-field playing roster have actually been on the field for a postseason game? Only 40 or so members of the program have known what it was like to be on a team with a winning record (2015).  2-4 with UNH, Delaware, Elon, William and Mary and URI remaining.  3-8 is the best possible outcome, which would be the worst record since going 1-10 in 2010.

This was not just Matt Hachmann shortcomings.