• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB wins fourth straight, holds on to beat JMU 69-61

Kudos to Mat for the Stealers Wheel reference.

I looked up AT’s numbers last year. He averaged 3.5ppg. DT is averaging 4.5ppg, so, at least offensively, DT has morphed into AT. 

I’m really hoping we go into W&M 5-3 & then pull off an upset to go 6-3 & come home vs UNCW on a 6-game winning streak.

With all that being said, it still comes down to 3 days in March. We could win out the rest of the way, and it won’t make a bit of difference, in a 1-bid conference, if we lose in the conference tournament. 

Well, winning in the regular season does matter. You can't lose every game and finish 9th and win the tournament. Nobody has ever gone from first round to winning the thing. Winning the regular season only means NIT, but we're not going to do that. But I'd like to see us get in the top four. But again, still not seeing that we're better than those teams until we beat them. I might have to include a road win over Drexel has being a very good win, if that occurs.

Winning in the regular season is relevant in several ways. First, you want to avoid playing in the play-in games. Second, winning in the regular season should provide a degree of confidence as far as the tournament goes. But, other than that, a successful regular season record takes a back seat to the conference tournament  (other than a possible NIT bid) 

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

Winning in the regular season is relevant in several ways. First, you want to avoid playing in the play-in games. Second, winning in the regular season should provide a degree of confidence as far as the tournament goes. But, other than that, a successful regular season record takes a back seat to the conference tournament  (other than a possible NIT bid) 

Let’s be serious. An NIT appearance we would throw a parade. And Tim would give a life time extension.  1 seed gives you the most rest and “best schedule” in the tournament. 

But any one seed talk for this team is laughable. We have atleast 2 guaranteed losses. Ne and Hofstra to end the year.  We have a road heavy end of the schedule. And any road games re tough for any team. If we finish 8-10, 9-9 that would be respectable considering they shit the bed to start caa play. Give me the “best teams excuse”. Solid teams win at home no matter the opponent.  Sorry This isn’t me hating this is jus facts

Just so we’re clear, I’m not  predicting we win the regular season conference title. My goals are much simpler; win this Thursday and roll into W&M on a 5 game winning streak. If I had to guess where we’ll finish in conference, I’d say somewhere between 4th-6th place. I mean really, who knows? This is all guesswork. As UNCW & Drexel showed us this past weekend, there’s not a team in this conference which isn’t capable of beating any other team in the conference any given night. And that makes it more interesting, IMHO. 

For us to be taken seriously, we need to beat W&M, Hofstra, C of C & NE. We have 5 games left vs those teams. I’m not super optimistic we win more than 1 or 2 of those games, but hey, the games aren’t played on paper, so we’ll see

Edited by TSU88