• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Moleman

How Good Is U-Penn

Not sure about quality, but the Quakers can boast of depth numerically as they list 21 players in their roster.. They lost two close games earlier this month, to Fairfield and LaSalle respectively. LaSalle doesn't appear to have one of their better teams this year; don't know about Fairfield.. They hit 13 of 24 from deep. Two of their bigs were their leading scorers, connecting for a combined 47 of the 93 points they scored last night.. Wondering if they're up-tempo; if they live  (or die ;-) ) by the 3 - ie, what they're like..

I was at the game at the Towson Center in '96, when they were coached by Fran Dunphy (now @ Temple). I remember one of their fans yelling, "This is your house!!" late in the game. It was a heartbreaking loss. I would sure like to read about a huge win tomorrow! Especially true if Morsell can wake himself out of the average-player rut he's stuck in so far; he's gotta get hot sometime..

Edited by Moleman

They knocked down a ton of outside shots yesterday against NIU.  Their tallest player was actually one who has a lot of outside range.  They like to run a bit too, hence why they put up 90 on the board.  Our transition defense will be a big key and we have to keep pace with them in their motion offense as they move the ball around pretty crisply.

• Like 1