• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB getting national recognition

I love how so far we’ve become a pretty good 3-point shooting team. Hopefully that’ll hold up as the season goes on. With ZM, Morsell, Starr, McNeill & occasionally EK, we have a number of viable 3 point options.

Great combo-shooting 3’s well & one of the best teams in the country so far in defending the 3.

Speaking of EK & scoring, what's up w his offense. That's something we may need down the stretch. If a guy built like a tank can't successfully drive & score on a smaller (albeit quicker & very opportunistic) team or get some kind of field goal; but not even a point tonight in 18 minutes. Is he sick, distracted, or just in Slumpsville?..

And that fast break outlet pass wasn't smart. It was difficult at best, given the distance and the melange of traffic it was lobbed into.. With any luck (& a Guinness) he'll snap out of it this weekend, I hope..

EK is like that little girl with the curls-when he’s good, he’s very good, but when he’s bad....Well, you can figure out the rest.

I cringe when he lowers his shoulder & drives to the rack like a bull in a china shop. Having said that, when he plays smart he can hit an occasional 3 & score inside. Sort of like our Swiss Army knife. Notice how I worked in China & Switzerland both in the same post.

• Like 1

EK has never been very good. He's a role payer and to me, it looked as though he didn't show up tonight against an inferior opponent. I really don't care if he averages less than 10ppg as long as he rebounds, defends and makes an occasional three. His drives are usually based on awkward spin moves where his wide body usually knocks over defenders like bowling pins. When he passes off the drive is when he finds Mike in the corner or Brian up top.