• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

MBB wins glorified scrimmage, 90-57

odu, mason, temple, lasalle all played here recently.   wouldnt mind doing 2 for 1 with the a10 schools.  is oakland coming to us next year?   why cant we get mount st marys, navy here?

also wouldnt mind some maac teams,  monmouth, rider, etc

Oakland is a guaranteed game so I assume they aren't coming back. Not sure about the Mount. They are a solid program, no gimme that's for sure. I guess if you play them here and they make you play down there at the Knott, which is a tough bandbox to play in. Not sure that helps us in any way.

On 11/29/2017 at 4:28 PM, TuTigers2012 said:

So youre saying that playing a perennial solid mid major is not beneficial??  Umm anything is better than having to play Morgan umbc and Coppin every year

When did I say that playing the Mount wasn't beneficial at home? On the road is another story. That's a bigger risk but I woudn't mind playing them once a year. There's nothing wrong with playing Coppin or Morgan either. At least one of them per season because you should always include local teams on your schedule. I think you and other fans think that Skerry just goes in saying I don't want to play this team or that team. It takes two to tango and people have other agendas. Do I agree with playing two D3 teams or do I love their home schedule? Of course not. I understand it because they wanted an easy home game in between the Florida Tournament and Belfast Tournament.

Also, I wouldn't go 2 for 1 for A10 schools but that's just me. I'd do it for High-major schools only but most will never come here.

We absolutely should play UMBC, Morgan, & Loyola every year. It creates the potential for rivalries/ bragging rights, not to mention it makes sense economically. (Really inexpensive road trips). 

As I mentioned previously, this is all about $. If we want better OOC home games, we’re going to have to pay to play. I suppose this is the only way to get certain mid-majors to come here. 

Playing mount away is fine. They are always a solid team. Way better than coppin. Morgan and Loyola.  

Road ooc games against mids  help more than d3 home games that We lose money on. (This coming from a season ticket holder) 

2 for 1 in a10 towns, philly nyc Richmond.  Our recruiting grounds..