• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB falls again to W&M 75-74

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Tend to agree that there will be at least 5 new faces next season. And while I admire Bay Area Tiger’s optimism, I also agree that CT is not a 20/10 guy (few are, for that matter). I would also be satisfied if he were a 12/10 guy. 

I mean he’s far more skilled already (does he progress under skerry??), than a lot of other bigs we’ve had... TJ Alex tunstall. And way more coordinated than sanders. Basketball isn’t a feed it into the post and grind it out game anymore... 

We really gotta get lucky with a grad transfer or a JUCO player for next season then obviously.   A kid that can shoot 40% from 3 would be ideal.  Dreaming I know. 

Add someone else to the staff that can help develop our players better and recruit.  

And yes 20-10 for CT is ambitious but I truly believe this kid special and that he wants to get better everyday and he’s a program changer on and off the court.  

Bigs always take longer and if we can really develop CT, Solly & Biekeu this season for the next then we truly will be in better shape.  It’s a perimeter game I understand but every team in the CAA has a go to big for points when they need them.  

Comments after the game

Opening from Skerry

Hard fought game. Disappointed. Thought we competed hard. We're not there. It's not from a lack of effort. Started to do some better things offensively, especially in the first half. Our defense has slipped. Other than Charles, we haven't been able to protect the rim with a few guys out. Guarding the ball. We were just driven a lot. We haven't had the time to work on zones with all these quick turnarounds. We couldn't stop No. 23. Kuchera dominated all weekend long by attacking the paint and we couldn't stop him.

On Zane getting 1,000 points

That's always a good goal. An achievement. I liked that he had 8 assists and just 2 turnovers. He made some shots late. Decent shots.

On Zane's last shot after Kuchera's layup

He made a couple of big shots in the last couple of minutes. He's our best one-on-one guy. We ran a little flat ball screen play that we have. They fouled three times. I didn't see the tape. Not sure if there was a push or not. They are going to pack it in there and force us to shoot. One thing we have to do better as a unit, is that when we get the ball in the paint, we have to do a better job of pivoting, playing off of two feet and being patient and finishing. We rushed and missed a lot of shots in the red zone in the second half.

On defensive play from CT

He's taken a big jump. He's been our most consistent player this year and every day. Having some guys out due to contact tracing, we are thin up front. Without him today, 15 rebounds and 7 blocks. We did not do a good job of keeping guys out of the paint. He single-handedly kept us in the game.

(note: They now have a few days to practice before Charleston. Might be a good idea to work on a zone, because Victor is probably not walking on the court in Charleston this weekend to protect all the guards the drive past our backcourt).