• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2022 transfers, commits and offers

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

Odd transfer 

Let’s face it, if you’re a TU player with eligibility left, why not explore the portal? The alternative is to stay here under a presumptively lame duck coach on a team coming off a losing season with an unsettled QB situation. And this kid has NFL aspirations, so maybe he gets closer scrutiny at a bigger & better program. 

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Let’s face it, if you’re a TU player with eligibility left, why not explore the portal? The alternative is to stay here under a presumptively lame duck coach on a team coming off a losing season with an unsettled QB situation. And this kid has NFL aspirations, so maybe he gets closer scrutiny at a bigger & better program. 

Losing our best player would hurt 

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

When he comes out of the other end of the portal, I hope he has some Dr. Pepper with him 

• Haha 1

Meh. He's a fine punter. You stay and if they don't find a good QB and an offense, you can punt to your heart's desire and if you become a little more consistent, maybe the pros give you a look like Landeta. Or you explore the USFL, XFL in 2023 or CFL. Has nothing to do with a coach in his last year. Who cares? He has one year left anyhow. Where are you going to go? Ohio State? Well, then you wouldn't punt much. If I'm a punter, I'd rather go to a team like Maryland or Rutgers so I can show off. I get the kickoffs since he's versatile and a good holder. He's not bad, but not great.

He started out at Marshall and is from Florida. Going back to Marshall? Back to a place closer to home? I think some guys leaving are leaving, shall we say, "mutually". Not sure about McDonough, but I'm not losing sleep about a punter leaving. Really not losing sleep about anybody from last year's 4-7 team leaving. That reminds me. Since I'll have a tiny bit of time off, I have to work on my review/preview.

I have to admit, I thought he was a really good CAA punter and then I saw that kid from San Diego State just boom them time and time again. Matt Araiza averaged around 51 yards per punt. I don't think if I've ever seen a better college punter in terms of length and hang time.

16 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

When he comes out of the other end of the portal, I hope he has some Dr. Pepper with him 

Since we are looking for some qbs maybe we can look into the winners of the Dr Pepper scholarship throws?! 

2 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Meh. He's a fine punter. You stay and if they don't find a good QB and an offense, you can punt to your heart's desire and if you become a little more consistent, maybe the pros give you a look like Landeta. Or you explore the USFL, XFL in 2023 or CFL. Has nothing to do with a coach in his last year. Who cares? He has one year left anyhow. Where are you going to go? Ohio State? Well, then you wouldn't punt much. If I'm a punter, I'd rather go to a team like Maryland or Rutgers so I can show off. I get the kickoffs since he's versatile and a good holder. He's not bad, but not great.

He started out at Marshall and is from Florida. Going back to Marshall? Back to a place closer to home? I think some guys leaving are leaving, shall we say, "mutually". Not sure about McDonough, but I'm not losing sleep about a punter leaving. Really not losing sleep about anybody from last year's 4-7 team leaving. That reminds me. Since I'll have a tiny bit of time off, I have to work on my review/preview.

You do make a valid point. Why not stay on a team with a bad offense, so you can get to do a lot of punting 

• Haha 1

He’s 6-8 335 from Sacred Heart, but that doesn’t mean he’s been offered yet. Not sure he’s ever played so sounds like depth.