• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

WBB General Thread 2021-22

Kind of interesting that we start off with the same opponent as the men's team with Northeastern in the CAA Tournament, and that if we win Delaware is the likely opponent (only they beat us twice in the season). It has been an incredible season with 23 wins, and we go in off the heels of beating the best team in the league in our final game and having won six of seven. Hopefully we can repeat our 2019 tournament run. 

Down 29-21 at the half. Nelson and Skye Williams are 0-10. Nelson is 0-7. Brutal start. Not over by any means but NE's zone is eliminating most inside touches. It would be nice, however, if they (Kornegay-Lucas) can step up Nelson for a three. I would start Kornergay-Lucas in the second half. Also, Anissa Rivera picks up a tech for screaming at a NE player after she committed a foul. For some reason, Rivera was not pulled. Sorry, but that was a turning point in the game. She has to sit. Emotion is one thing, but yelling at another player in the quarterfinals of the CAA Trny while she is on the ground. Not good.

Down 10 after 3, 45-35. Very poor offense run this whole game. It's basically Nelson and Kornegay-Lucas driving the ball and looking for the basket or a foul. Not their teammates. I would be frustrated if I was a post player just waiting around. I guess have to get offensive rebounds. Unless Nelson gets hot or they finally decide to play team ball, it's a short bus trip back to Towson.

Alright, back down to 4 at 47-43. Gary and Kubek just hit three-pointers. Plenty of time left. They are back to playing team basketball.