• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MLax thread for 2022 and 2023

Good win today.  Entire team played well.  Was Fairfield's back up face off guy Tim Lucky's son (he has to be - same position / same name)?  Did we recruit him?

We are headed back to the CAA tourney and with that bad ass recruit joining us next year, and Constantidines showing up better at the X, the team is trending up.  BTW, Hopkins is miserable this year, suffered their worst loss in the history of homewood field today, wonder if we might be able to score a transfer to two from them if they have a mass exodus.  

13 minutes ago, tu_fan said:

Good win today.  Entire team played well.  Was Fairfield's back up face off guy Tim Lucky's son (he has to be - same position / same name)?  Did we recruit him?

We are headed back to the CAA tourney and with that bad ass recruit joining us next year, and Constantidines showing up better at the X, the team is trending up.  BTW, Hopkins is miserable this year, suffered their worst loss in the history of homewood field today, wonder if we might be able to score a transfer to two from them if they have a mass exodus.  

I saw the Hopkins score. Not shocking. Maryland is one of the best regular season teams in recent memory. They can also choke in the postseason. Lucky is definitely the son of one of the greatest face-off guys we ever had. I don't know if we recruited him. Maybe he didn't want to be in his father's shadow. Not sure what happened there. 

I still think we need help at midfield for Berkeley. I guess Too many smallish guys playing around him. Probably missed Swain a bit today, though he hasn't had a very good year (9g, 5a). Will need to replace Brennan and Koby next season. Long looks like he has potential in goal. I'd prefer a super-athletic pole and move Colby Barsz back to close defense. Koby had an outstanding career at close defense, but I can only imagine how incredible he's going to be at the next level at the pole. I guess I shouldn't be worried about the D. Nads usually has that taken care of. It's the O that is usually a major question mark and well, if Constantinides continues to improve, he'll be a monster next season.

Can't wait for Michael Weisshaar to step up and play attack and guessing he'll replace Shilling at the X. Not sure about DeMaio. I know he has 26 goals, but man, his shooting % is around 20 (19.5)%.