• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Seven MBB games to be featured on NBC Sports Washington

Charleston on New Year’s Eve is a good one! Glad Dr. E seems to value getting on TV and is finding a way to get it done.

hopefully this squad is so special we get even more than 7 TV games this season

Some games will also be on CBS Sports, so might have around 10 games on National and Regional TV this season. Heck of a recruiting tool when you are willing to spend a little extra, it will pay off in the end in publicity in the Mid-Atlantic Region, hopefully, higher attendance in the future not just this season and can't hurt recruiting better talent.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

assuming that these are still the feeds from the school and announcers?

Doubt it with feeds. Maybe mixed in with some of the same camera people but I assume it's going to be an NBC Sports Washington production, just like it's going to be a CBS Sports production.

46 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Doubt it with feeds. Maybe mixed in with some of the same camera people but I assume it's going to be an NBC Sports Washington production, just like it's going to be a CBS Sports production.

Hopefully.  I know in the past JMUs games (which were on in the Baltimore market) on nbc sports was their feed and announcers.  If you went to flo it was the exact same. 
I know northeastern has had some games son NESN,  Delaware and Drexel nbc Philly, Jmu nbc dc, and Charleston had a deal with local CW affiliate. 

this is good and leads me to believe Steve E isn’t a big fan of the flo format.  

8 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Hopefully.  I know in the past JMUs games (which were on in the Baltimore market) on nbc sports was their feed and announcers.  If you went to flo it was the exact same. 
I know northeastern has had some games son NESN,  Delaware and Drexel nbc Philly, Jmu nbc dc, and Charleston had a deal with local CW affiliate. 

this is good and leads me to believe Steve E isn’t a big fan of the flo format.  

I don't think he is or isn't. It's just a reality for the future assuming they can't find a better alternative. The only good thing about Flo Sports is that you are able to go on any network you want and the CBS Sports Package is going to be a lot bigger this season. We could have more than half of our schedule on national and regional TV adding the Clemson game on the ACC Network and not sure about the rest of non-conference play.

• Like 1