• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB overcomes slow start to upend LIU 74-64

6 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

The last paragraph is why we struggle to get over that hump. We don’t have that guard nor have we ever under skerry.  Relying on defense to win games is fine when you’re playing bad teams like we have. But when Charleston goes 10 deep on you and can shoot, and Estrada and Thomas are coming at you.  Or Davis Nelson owens, they will put the ball in the bucket. 

I was thinking today that in all the years Skerry’s been here, we’ve never had that close out the game guard. Was Morsell the closest? It’s maddening. Kinda like the Ravens futility when it comes to drafting WR’s, but I digress. 

• Like 1

Btw, the following is a question borne out of curiosity, since I know he’s not going anywhere, but does anyone know how many years Skerry actually has left on his contract? He got the 8-year extension in 12/17, so does that mean his contract runs through the 2025-2026 season? At the time he got the extension, I think his contract went through the 2020-21 season. So, was the extension tacked on to that (meaning his contract would go through the 2028-29 season) or did they basically just tear up that contract, such that the 8-year deal does expire after the 2025-26 season?  Also, does Skerry get automatic 1 year extensions for things like winning 20 games and/or winning the conference regular season title? It’s almost like a lifetime job for him 

29 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Btw, the following is a question borne out of curiosity, since I know he’s not going anywhere, but does anyone know how many years Skerry actually has left on his contract? He got the 8-year extension in 12/17, so does that mean his contract runs through the 2025-2026 season? At the time he got the extension, I think his contract went through the 2020-21 season. So, was the extension tacked on to that (meaning his contract would go through the 2028-29 season) or did they basically just tear up that contract, such that the 8-year deal does expire after the 2025-26 season?  Also, does Skerry get automatic 1 year extensions for things like winning 20 games and/or winning the conference regular season title? It’s almost like a lifetime job for him 

I seriously doubt he has any automatic extensions for winning any amount of games. Maybe winning a title might but he could be gone after that. Though I would think a big raise would be in stores Nobody really knows the details of any of these contracts because they are never covered in the media.