• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2024 Football offers/commits

Would love if the Towson staff could do some quick homework on this kid in the coming days/weeks. I’ve seen him play in-person and believe he’s flying under the radar big-time. Throws the ball 55+ yards with ease. Tall, strong kid….traditional, pro-style QB. Huge growth potential. Only offer I know of is a DIII school. He should/could be playing at a much higher level. 

https://x.com/jacksonbd12?s=21&t=fR0BE-ZSjjxLQwcKb42n4w

https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/stats/_/id/4731981/carlos-davis

Bottom line is that he's not a bad player to have as insurance and he's probably better than Kent, but the 16 TD/13 INTs in his last season at Western Carolina doesn't move the needle. Good runner, but not great runner. Good completion % at 65%, but just 61% last season at UMass  (6 TDs, 3 INTs). Seems like an adequate starter, but they need more than adequate. They also need to take more chances on offense, but taking chances doesn't mean throwing double-digit picks. I'd like to see at least one more Juco or Group of Five QB, but guessing that won't happen.