• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB comes back to beat W&M, 98-82 in OT

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Who? Seriously, he’s a non-person to me. Don’t wish him bad luck, just don’t care. I suspect he was too immature to grasp the concept that, as a freshman, he wasn’t going to get 30 minutes PT a night. Too bad, as he appeared to have talent. 

If I had Zane Martin in front of me over the next two seasons to the point where I'm only going to play 10mpg until my senior season, then I'd probably transfer as well. Maye if he'd learned to be a point guard, he'd have a chance to play a lot more.

22 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Glad you are not our coach. How about the criticism came because it made no sense to do it in the first half as we took the lead late because we pressed or the second half with a lead? We hacked that kid Harrison because he was in the lane. It wasn't like he was 30 feet away from the basket. But the circumstances were totally different. We were down most of the game last night and if they hacked that big a few times to send him to the line AFTER they were in the bonus, I'd have no problem with it. I was against putting Hofstra in the double bonus because they had great FT shooters and we are foul-prone. Oh yeah, we also had a lead that we pissed away due to turnovers. The hack a kid is BS in college unless you feel desperate and you have no other way of coming back. BTW, Shaver isn't that dumb. He didn't have Harrison in that long.

Object of the game is to score more than your opponent. Getting more possessions helps that

hofstra attempted 1 ft the last 5 minutes of the game and that was an and one with foreman and we hadd a total of 17 team fouls so..it would have slowed momentum at that point 

you don’t have to agree with the strategy and thought of it. It’s not illegal and completely in the realm of the Rules  Lon Krueger used if effectively against a top 5 team the other night and guess what? Went from down 2 to up 5

I didn't say I completely disagree with the strategy, especially when you are DOWN. Not when you are up. To me, it still smacks of desperation, which to me, we were on Thursday night. We weren't desperate against Hofstra until we started coughing the ball up. I prefer manning up and making them turn the ball over.