• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

D-Will

On 12/10/2023 at 10:52 AM, TSU88 said:

I know there’s a school of thought that a player shouldn’t lose his starting position due to an injury, but I say phooey to that. Williamson should remain the starting PG even if Hicks does return from his injury. He has a dimension to his game, driving to the basket, that Hicks simply doesn’t. And notwithstanding his 1-8 from 3 yesterday, I think he’s just as good, if not better, an outside shooter as Hicks. 8 assists yesterday. I wonder when the last time one of our PG’s had 8 or more assists in a game? I’m not counting Holden, who wasn’t a traditional PG, but instead was a point forward 

I agree with ya here.  I said after the Colorado game that DW seemed to be the only player who could create his own shot.  After seeing him a few more times, I think he'd be better off trying to get his offense off the dribble and creating for others rather than standing out and taking 3's (unless it's a kick-out situation and he's open).  His shot is a little slow to get off (kinda like Holden's was) and with his height, it might be an easier to shot to defend because it is slow.  But when he gets into the lane, it opens up a lot of options, especially if he's able to consistently finish.  He does make mistakes that a player of his experience tends to make but the last 2 games, he's ironing those out better.  Hicks might be a better defender and that's where his niche has been the last couple of years.  Plus, he'll be good to spell DW for 10-12 mins per night.  But if we want to start establishing a flow, DW needs to be the starter full-time.

• Like 3