• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Where have you gone Zane Martin?

In 2017-18, ZM avg’d 19.8ppg. In the 13 years of the Skerry era, he’s truly the only G we’ve had who was close to a 3-level (3 pt, inside 3 pt line, and driving to the tin) scoring threat, and naturally he (foolishly for him, as it turned out) left after that season. Timberlake never avg’d as much in a season, and was purely a 1 dimensional jump shooter. Meanwhile, Hofstra (just 1 example) has a 20ppg G every year.

Why can’t Skerry bring in the type of G, who you  can clear out for when you need a basket? An alpha dog who doesn’t shrink under the bright lights and who can take over a game? Is it poor recruiting, or that kids who can score don’t want to play in a plodding 1950’s style offense? Or are there other reasons? 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

Ahhhhh, you know Timber plays at KANSAS now (bit diff than Towson,  right ?  ) And ….. do you know how many other D1 offers he had ?    
I mean ……

if you are gonna kill the coaches for the “misses” you THINK they’ve made , I wonder why they don’t get credit for wins like ( ya know , a guy at KANSAS) 😂 

10 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

Ahhhhh, you know Timber plays at KANSAS now (bit diff than Towson,  right ?  ) And ….. do you know how many other D1 offers he had ?    
I mean ……

if you are gonna kill the coaches for the “misses” you THINK they’ve made , I wonder why they don’t get credit for wins like ( ya know , a guy at KANSAS) 😂 

88 mentioned Timberlake. Pretty good shooter. Not good at driving, finishing etc. lol what are you talking about?

He’s been bad at Kansas FYI so 

9 minutes ago, TTiger2024 said:

I mean ……

Remind me again how many conference title games we went to with Timberlake?  I’ll give Skerry some credit for developing Timberlake into a player who KU would want.  But really, in the grand scheme of things, big deal. 

Ok…. Fair, So You do give credit ( 2012 just can't ever get there )…. Cheers, you get it.  And yeah …. It’s kinda a big deal.  I love (degree soon I hope 😂) Towson; but …. Let’s be real.  If Kansas wants any of our guys - that’s a good, no…. Great thing 

5 hours ago, TTiger2024 said:

Ok…. Fair, So You do give credit ( 2012 just can't ever get there )…. Cheers, you get it.  And yeah …. It’s kinda a big deal.  I love (degree soon I hope 😂) Towson; but …. Let’s be real.  If Kansas wants any of our guys - that’s a good, no…. Great thing 

See above, credit given.  Said Nick was a pretty good shooter at Towson the last two seasons.  Besides that what else? 

That will be the first and last player they want from here. And 100% of their fans and coaches would send him back to congress heights to play next week, rather than have him play one more second for them