• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Virginia Lax Thread

It's a shame because Towson's offense was so good in that first half and I blame a big part of the collapse on their inability to score and a zillion turnovers. Not all on the defense and Downs.

Towson finally scores to make it 19-11. They were just getting schooled on D. Surprised they kept Downs in there.

At some point, you have to look at Webber's poor shooting and Gallagher's lack of speed at midfield. Can't replace both but I'd be looking at Roussel to start. Trying to win a CAA title and there's no Virginia, but I'd like the best players on the first mifield.

I've never seen a more physical goaltender than Noones or whatever his name for Virginia. That dude has taken some shots but DeMaio finally gets his first goal and it's 19-13 with 4:40 left.

Holy crap. What a goal from DeMaio. Give and go to make it 19-14. He's now with 5 goals against UVa. That's impressive. Down 5 with 4:28 left. 

Gallagher strikes again with a shot that had nothing on it right at the goaltender's stick. Have to shoot that but he's struggling right now.

19-14 with 34 seconds left and for some reason, UVa calls a timeout. Maybe they want to cover the spread? I heard it was 7 so I think Towson covers.

Mikey W. with 5 goals

DeMaio with 1 goal, 6 assists

Gallagher, Villagomez, Constantinides, and Mauer with 2 goals apiece. 

Cormier had 7 goals on 17 shots for the Cavs.

19-15 Virginia with the win. Good three quarters for Towson, but they were awful in the third quarter. Too many turnovers on offense. Bad D. Goaltending not good enough. 17 turnovers overall. Won 19 of 36 face-offs. Just ok. Wing play struggled at times, but that's not why they lost the game. Of course, you have a few more wins and it could be a closer game, but Towson's issues started on D in the first half, the O had just one goal in the third quarter as Virginia took away Mikey and DeMaio, forcing them to go right and forcing the other players to carry the ball.

I'd be looking at a lineup change. They need to get Roussel (3 assists) in the game more either on first midfield. They inverted him. His lack of size (5-8, 150?) doesn't really matter much. He was still getting around Virginia's defenseman. 

competitive with them as opposed to the Hopkins game. gotta lock in for the caa play