• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

General Basketball Thread for 2024-25

33 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

In fairness, it might have something to do with the uber talented Bama squad 

Alabama is very good. But that was straight ugly by a legit league champion. Watching that game and Colorado, Florida it makes you question if Towson plays the same sport 

The decade plus losing streak continues. Too good for the PIG not good enough to win a game.  

• Like 1

I thought Charleston would slow it down some. There was no way they were going to compete against Alabama playing like that unless they made every shot. Every miss was turned into a layup or wide open three. Alabama’s defense was not great this season so I thought maybe they could hang but Sears was just too much. It’s also where recruiting so many D2 players and playing 12 can bite you in the ass against athletes who can play.

Alabama at SECU oops I mean Pizza Palace Arena for the 24-25’ season.  Make it happen!  We will show you them what CAA ball is really about.  
PS- Colorado & Florida are not welcomed.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

I thought Charleston would slow it down some. There was no way they were going to compete against Alabama playing like that unless they made every shot. Every miss was turned into a layup or wide open three. Alabama’s defense was not great this season so I thought maybe they could hang but Sears was just too much. It’s also where recruiting so many D2 players and playing 12 can bite you in the ass against athletes who can play.

Guess they don’t have enough NIL??? In all seriousness they are ok defensively (look like the late 80s pistons against our archaic offense), but that wasn’t good. League is not getting any better m..

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Alabama at SECU oops I mean Pizza Palace Arena for the 24-25’ season.  Make it happen!  We will show you them what CAA ball is really about.  
PS- Colorado & Florida are not welcomed.  

No, You’ll get goucher, umbc, Loyola & you’ll  like it! Just love playing “the local rivals” got to inflate the coaching record for more fraudulent extensions 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

Guess they don’t have enough NIL??? In all seriousness they are ok defensively (look like the late 80s pistons against our archaic offense), but that wasn’t good. League is not getting any better m..

No, You’ll get goucher, umbc, Loyola & you’ll  like it! Just love playing “the local rivals” got to inflate the coaching record for more fraudulent extensions 

We are in talks to play Tufts next season! 

15 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

1 down 19 to go!  Can’t ask for much more *

Dixon has reiterated tonight.. he would kill his first born before traveling to Towson to play.  I have a call into Sonoma State 🤞

The selection committee really screwed up this tournament.  Too many double digit seeds winning and Ohtani’s interpreter has gotten crushed last two nights.  

8 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Dixon has reiterated tonight.. he would kill his first born before traveling to Towson to play.  I have a call into Sonoma State 🤞

Well While we aren’t good we slaps aren’t sub 300 bad. So that means TCU and soft scheduling Jamie won’t play us. But I’m sure he would love to play Morgan, umbc, Coppin and goucher down in fort worth.