• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2024-25 WBB Thread

The 2024-25 Roster is out. They should be done now with 15 players unless somebody leaves. The biggest question is whether they replaced Kylie Kornegay-Lucas. She was the second-leading scorer at 12.9ppg and top rebounder (8rpg), but shot just 33% from the field. The good news is that leading scorer Patty Anumgba (14.4ppg) and third-leading scorer Alexia Nelson (9.8ppg) are back. Both senior guards are outstanding, but who is going to step up at the other spots? Kayla Morris, at 6-2, can stretch the floor some and play power forward, but she shot just 25.6% from long range. Took 43 treys in 20 games. They lose 6-3 Quinzia Fulmore to the portal and 6-5 Tayia Johnson to graduation. There's nobody over 6-2 on the roster though Morris looks taller than 6-2. Major concerns about post defense and replacing Kylie's defense and board work. Enter 6-0 grad student Deja Bristol, who like Kylie, started her career at Virginia, transferred here from Northeastern.  Last season, she averaged 9.2 points and a team-high 5.8 rebounds per game with the Huskies. I think she was their best transfer and fills a need where last year, they didn't have a consistent power forward. They also didn't have a consistent rotation in the post. With Morris and Bristol, they should have that. I do like sophomore Anaiah Jenkins, but she's an undersized post player at 5-11. 

They could go three guards but I assume sharpshooter India Johnston will come off the bench unless her defense gets a lot better. Enter 5-8 Masyn Marchbanks from Samford, who averaged 8.4 points last season and shot over 35% from beyond the arc. They desperately need another 3-point shooter aside from Johnston and Anumgba. A little disappointed in the lack of size and the fact that they could have used an experienced 5-10+ wing to replace Kylie. Maybe that's 6-0 Jordan Wakefield from George Mason, but apparently, she hasn't played since the 2021-22 season. I guess they can go to 6-foot senior Anasia Staton at the wing forward spot, who is strong defensively, but limited on the offensive end.

https://towsontigers.com/sports/womens-basketball/roster