• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Spring Practice Update No. 2

Very cold and windy Saturday and believe me, there are other things I'd rather be doing,, but here I am. I did want to see more of the offense with Carlos Davis at the helm and I do think with an experienced offensive line, a strong set of running backs and solid group of WRs with a All-Conference tight end, that's going to be a strength in 2024. Davis can make plays with his feet and arm that we haven't seen since Tom Flacco with a stronger arm. I don't sense that he'll run a lot though I can see them design some runs for him. But he made the nice throw on the run to Oregon State transfer John Dunmore, that was only about 10 yards, but a big-time throw.

RB Ike Daniels looked impressive, the Syracuse transfer. He's a patient runner and has the speed to break it outside. Dunmore was very impressive with his size (6-3, 205) though most of our corners are small. That's a problem and I think they'll bring in at least one corner if not two as Sean Tucker (ECU transfer) left the team. Probably looking at a LB, two DBs, a DL and an OL for depth purposes in the portal. 

To me, the defense is the biggest concern with this team right now. Need to get the right DL rotation, I like John Gioia at ILB, but we can use another, bigger OLB.