• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

MBB falls at Northeastern 80-75

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Like I’ve said before, ZM, Gorham, Sanders & Solomon (if he sees significant PT) has the makings of a good team next year. All we need is a PG. 

Are we locked into 5th place? Doesn’t look like Elon can catch us, but we can’t catch Hofstra or W&M

Elon has two games left. They play that makeup game against JMU on Monday so they could catch us but they are not playing well at all. I don't know if I'd rather play Hofstra or W&M but probably Pride, assuming they beat us Saturday. Tougher to beat a (decent) team 3x in a season.

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

Btw, I missed tonight’s game-what happened to Starr?

He was out with an illness. Not sure if he's going to play Saturday. I guess if he's still weak, probably not worth playing him.

So, worse case we finish 6th. Elon would have to beat NE & JMU. Both are home games for Elon, but they’ve lost 10 of their last 14 games.

Arguably, wouldn’t we be better off in 6th than 5th? If we somehow won the 3-6 game, at least we wouldn’t have to play C of C in the semis 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

And with Starr out, Prophete played 8 minutes, with 0 points & 0 assists. 

He barely touched the ball. Keith was handling it a lot when he was in. There was really no point guard tonight. Basically all the guards brought the ball up. Prophete did give up a 3 and knocked away rebound that Gorham had out of bounds. Again, his defense isn't horrible. He's just kind of out there trying not to make a mistake.

I'm sure if Pat had a chance to talk, he would have blamed the defense and he's right. Towson teams that give up 80 points have no chance of winning games. We've become W&M-lite on defense.

1 hour ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

No Skerry in the postgame.  

Foul shooting was putrid.  

JG with 28.  Who wanted him to possibly transfer!?   Ha.  He and Zane should be our 1-2 punch next season.  

Kept cutting it to 4 and that was it.  

As somebody who used to broadcast women's games back in the day in the America East, Northeastern's gym has a weird broadcast position. Skerry probably didn't want to walk up the stands to do the interview or didn't even know where Spiro was.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Like I’ve said before, ZM, Gorham, Sanders & Solomon (if he sees significant PT) has the makings of a good team next year. All we need is a PG. 

Are we locked into 5th place? Doesn’t look like Elon can catch us, but we can’t catch Hofstra or W&M

believe it when I see it with sanders and solomon.  but zane has to be tired and hit a wall. He didnt play much last year and was a 6th man in hs right? he is chucking up the most shots on the team and without morman, playing more minutes and guarding other teams better wings.  occeus is a great defender for NE as well (how we allow him to have a career night offensively is beyond me)

we are not locked into 5th, 2 elon wins and towson loss we are 6 seed.

7 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

We’re better off in 6th, but I doubt Elon is going to win it’s last 2 games

Yes, but seems unlikely at this point.  Its pick your poison: get JWF, Pemberton & Gustys first round? or WM with C of C waiting.  as a spectator, I prefer the 6 seed as it is the late game, so I can enjoy the 3 games beforehand