• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Skerry time to go?

I don't think Ingram's minutes would have gone up, that is until Morman left. That's one of the reasons he left. He could only play the 2 and nothing else and they weren't moving Zane to the 3 with McNeill and Morsell there. As long as both stayed, Ingram would have stayed pretty much in the same role.

I thought at one point, our depth would mask our issues, but it didn't. Even with 10 strong, we struggled after the 10-game winning streak. Let's be honest, even with Morman, we were struggling on defense and when he left, it got worse.

In retrospect, the Pitt L foreshadowed what was coming. Pitt went 0-18 I think in the ACC. That’s historically lousy, & we yakked against them.

My predictions: Odom leaves UMBC & Grant (C of C) gets the Georgia job. I saw a rumor online that Patsos might come back to Loyola, but that seems a bit far fetched 

Edited by TSU88

Patsos is nuts but I didn't think he liked that AD and vice versa. But he's likely on thin ice at Siena. Jimmy is a Boston guy but he's really a Md guy. From Catholic to College Park to Cold Spring Lane. I think he wanted to be at Towson before Skerry got here. Without a new arena and a dull Patriot League, that's a tough job right now. Not sure many people want that unless as a stepping stone.

Odom will have his choice of some high mid-major jobs and bad high-majors. His father's name can't hurt. Honestly, he's done a very nice job but I don't think he's some rising star.

Whether or not he’s truly a rising star, image is everything, & I believe some schools are going to see Odom as a rising star. You’re right about his pedigree, he took a scrub school dancing in his 2nd year, & if you called central casting & asked them to send you a young up & coming college basketball coach, Odom would be the guy likely to show up.

Isnt it somewhat ironic that UMBC’s short term success might prove to be to its long term detriment. The one thing they’ll have going for them in the new coach search is their new arena. But the new coach isn’t inheriting Lyles, like Odom did.

It's just part of the business. Sucks for CofC and UMBC but we would trade places. VCU has tried to keep it in the "Shaka" family and that's worked to an extent. You just can't match these big schools' money, fame, resources, fans, etc. But you also can't match the pressure. They go from needing to win to get an extension to having to get to the NCAA Tournament or you are goine.

Skerry might have been that 2 years & gone guy, if we had been CAA tournament eligible in his 2nd year, but we’ll never know.

Mat, have you heard anything you can share on the recruiting front, and/or who some of our OOC opponents will be next season?

Edited by TSU88

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Mat, have you heard anything you can share on the recruiting front, and/or who some of our OOC opponents will be next season?

I can't really share the OOC opponents other what I've said in the past that we are looking at an ACC team and an A-10 team or two. One on the road. One at home. We are trying to upgrade the home schedule. Trying to add a team next season during the CAA "bye" week.

I know the staff is on the road. Again, still trying to get that grad transfer point guard. I did mention Tre Campbell as an option if he's healthy. I would be shocked if we aren't going after Calixte.

Oops. My fault. You double posted and I erased both by accident.

The worry about waiting too long for a grad transfer is a valid one. But if he's worth the wait then be patient.