• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Charleston game

Amidst all the madness about UMBC, I forgot to mention that I thought Charleston choked their game away against Auburn. Chealey fouled out with two points and was hampered by a twisted ankle. It showed how much they missed him because Grant Riller was an utter disaster with the ball in his hands (7 turnovers). They turned it over 21 times and were top 5 in the nation in least turnovers. I'm sure they'll get a new point guard to replace Chealey, but shows you how good he was and that pressure (though Auburn was quick they didn't press a lot) can bother them. Not sure that junior Marquise Pointer is the answer. But despite the turnovers, they were in the game and could't make foul shots (7-14) or three-pointers (5-22). 

Shame because Auburn was very beatable. The Cougars gave that game away.

Whenever Charleston threw the ball away, I kept asking where this kind of play was against us this year.  They had that game won if they would have stopped playing like morons.