• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

T.J. Howard commits to Towson

I like the optimism. I want to see this team at least once over the summer and a few times in fall practice before I make an assumption on how good they will be.

A lot of new guys added into the equation: Fobbs, Howard, Drayton, Solmon O., Sanders, Betrand, Dottin. Gorham has to get better and I he can be really good. No real hope for Alex. McNeill is what he is at this point as a senior. Who knows what Drayton will give us? The three true freshmen? The two transfers may have to start. Sanders in the middle. That could mean three new starters but we had two new starters last year or really one if you add Zane and call EK a starter. That didn't work out all that great. 

Practice will be huge for this squad. Almost wish we had a trip to Canada to help them gain some chemistry but maybe not...

One thing I know without assumption is that this team will be bigger and better up front. I do like Howard's potential but with jucos, sometimes they develop bad habits. Just hope he can run the team and put up points within the scheme.

HS highlights, he looks like a smaller Gary Neal or a less bulky Jameer Nelson. Haven't see a lot of passing highlights.

You’re right about all the new guys, 7 to be exact. I was thinking the same thing about Canada 🇨🇦, but we tore it up on the tour last summer & what did it ultimately amount to? Also agree about Alex & McNeill. Them & Prophete could have limited minutes next season, but time will tell. 

I think Jordan plays about 15mpg. Drayton is unproven. Depends on Betrand. If he can play right away, you can play Zane at the 3. If we press again, Jordan is useful with his length.

Minutes are going to be tough to come by. ZM (30mpg), JG (25+), Sanders (25mpg), Howard (25mpg). Who knows after that. Fobbs, McNeill, Tunstall, Betrand, Drayton are going to have fight for minutes. Maybe Solomon might be too good to sit.

Yep, I hope I’m right in thinking don’t sleep on Solomon as far as getting decent minutes next season. If he’s up to that task, we would be really strong up front with him, Sanders, Gorham & Tunstall. Throw in ZM’s scoring, & we might be on to something, provided Howard comes through at the point. 

Btw, if verbal commits is accurate, Howard chose us over JMU, Hofstra, Drexel, UNCW & NE. Not to mention interest he had from non-CAA schools 

I'm sure he had decent mid-major interest coming from WKy and 3 star Scout but why would Hofstra want him? They are loaded at guard.

Still have Ray, Buie, and Pemberton. Again, what NBA team is salivating for a 6-1 shooting guard? Maybe he thinks he might as well see where he stacks up at the combine. I've been kind of an NBA draft geek for 35+ years and I've never seen his name on any mock drafts. Nobody is looking at a 6-1 mid-major guard, even if he is averaging 25ppg.

Well, what do I care. I guess we could have that issue next season if Zane has another big year.