• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Anthony Higgs de-commits from Ole Miss

Wonder if there’s any chance he’d commit to us? He did have some other significant offers though, such as ODÚ, Cincinnati, K-State & Colorado. 

My assumption is no. I'm guessing he has much better offer and we really don't have a ship left If something came up, we'd probably be in for a grad transfer or a sit-out transfer. But if there is a remote chance to get him, he's a game-changer.

Mat, I can’t read the article because I’m not a Sun subscriber. Just curious though about your Timberlake comment. I assume that’s not in the Sun article, so, to the extent you can, can you elaborate?

Higgs, who earned All-Metro first-team honors as a junior, averaged 14 points, seven rebounds and two assists as Perry Hall finished with a 21-6 mark.

Panageotou mentioned Illinois, Wake Forest, Towson, Louisiana Tech, Coastal Carolina and Mount Saint Mary’s as schools that have shown interest in Higgs since he was released from his commitment to Ole Miss.

Just saying Timberlake is a possibility. That's all. Nothing to elaborate on.

Gotcha. We’re pretty deep upfront. I wonder where we’d fit Higgs in, assuming he wanted to come here. Someone already on scholarship would have to go.

Sure, a player would go. Higgs and Solomon would be terrific gets who can play the 3 and 4. Solomon some 5.The more, the merrier. We had a pretty talented offensive team last season that fizzled out last season partially due to point guard play. That would put pressure on Justin to step up even more. Now we have the potential of a team that could put up 75+ppg along with a pretty good defense and rebounding squad. I think that's with Fobbs and Howard coming in because they can flat out shoot it. Getting one of these two guys would be the icing on the cake in terms of adding to the depth.

The addition of Timberlake would mean a crowded backcourt but that's cool as long as there's a lot of competition. That kid could be special because he can shoot it, drive it, handle it, defend, block shots.