• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Tiger1stRow

Zane Martin asks for release

26 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I’d like to see us dip into the European talent pool & bring in a kid who can shoot. Look at the kid NE has, & Drexel has a kid from Turkey who looked good last season. What do we have to lose?

To me it seems difficult as a public university with fairly small international student numbers. They typically are more mature so that would help

everyone don’t chastise me, but hear me out.  We are stuck with skerry for the next few years and he seems loyal to his staff. Few changes we coming. But do you feel the staff can’t relate to the players on some level, that they are bringing in??

I would like an ex player to get on his staff to help the players, what’s expected with everything. Lots of programs have that with DBO or film guys who work their way up. Obvious name would be Davis but he still has pro aspirations.  

I think JD would be a great addition to the staff, but that’s years off, given that he’s playing over in Australia, I believe. He’s someone who could relate to players, one would think, plus he’s a TU grad.

Another irony of this mess (and it is a mess) is that Skerry’s rep is that he’s a good recruiter. Problem is now he can’t keep them, once he gets them.

This is not the same staff aside from Kevin Clark, they've made numerous changes so I don't know if that really has anything to do with players leaving but it may have something to do with getting better players.

We’ve lost some good assistant’s along the way. Luke Murray (surprised he didn’t get the Loyola job), the guy who went to South Carolina (Skeeters?), & the guy who went to was it Indiana? Am I forgetting anyone? Not saying the current guys aren’t good. Frankly, I would have no way of assessing them as either recruiters or teachers of the game 

Btw, Luke Murray is now an assistant At Louisville, having followed Chris Mack there from Xavier. I think he’ll be a good HC in the not too distant future 

Luke is now 32 or 33. Might be very close to getting a head coaching job. Louisville is a tough job after all the allegations. He didn't have to follow Mack. I guess he's looking for the right job, right situation. 

They have left on their own merits, not pat making the changes. You just see a lot of young guys now as assistants or guys who played at the school. 

His  nba career is over, maybe we can get Gary back here. 

3 minutes ago, mat1992 said:

Luke is now 32 or 33. Might be very close to getting a head coaching job. Louisville is a tough job after all the allegations. He didn't have to follow Mack. I guess he's looking for the right job, right situation. 

I thought he woulda separated from Mack at this point.  Also surprised he left. Xavier grad, making good money, always in tourney. Louisville has the history obviously but I would stay away from that mess

Gary is still making good money overseas.  I guess as long as he makes six figures, he'll continue doing that but it wouldn't be a bad idea despite his shaky past. I would think Skerry would rather get a guy who played for him but who knows? JD is probably a few years away from coaching. 

1 minute ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I thought he woulda separated from Mack at this point.  Also surprised he left. Xavier grad, making good money, always in tourney. Louisville has the history obviously but I would stay away from that mess

I guess he's loyal and wants to coach in the ACC. That's the best there is whether he's at a mess or not. Luke is a sharp guy. He'll be a head coach in 2-3 years. I'd be shocked if he isn't.