• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Spring Game is 3:30pm

Not really a release sent out. So let's talk about what to look at.

I haven't been at practice since last Saturday, so I don't know if there are more injuries

QB: Ryan Stover basically has the job until the summer when Jeff Miller comes in and maybe a transfer. Tristan Harris has improved but still inconsistent as a passer outside of 10 yards. See if Stover has improved in terms of getting rid of the ball quicker. Touch downfield, etc. He showed some signs last week in the only practice I've see him. 

RB: Shane Simpson, Kobe Young, Adrian Platt, Jaelen Thompson, David Bryant

Shane is the guy and I guess he won't get a lot of touches past first quarter. Want to see more of Thompson. Young has bulked up some and is now 210 pounds. He could be a stud.

WRs: So many at this position. Jabari Greenwood was hurt the last time I saw him but they don't really need to see him again. Gallahan, Richardson, Jabari Allen, Rodney Dorsey, Shane Leatherbury are pretty good. Need to see more of r-freshman Chris Greaves. Also transfer Jalen Elliot is one to watch.

TE: Knudson is the guy right now. Check out r-freshman Myles Wright. FB Mangifico and Bryce Perkins are the only one in camp right now at H back/Fullback.

OL: Competition is at left guard with Cassels going up against Gryzmkowski. Cheripko is injured right now and well, center is also a competition with Rusolillo against Carnesale. Andrew Garnett will remind people of another large left tackle we had about 12 years ago.

DL: Tough to judge this spot with Zane Harps-Upshur out and Garrett coming in during the summer. Tibo Debaile can play inside or out and is up to around 280. N. Cook is finally at 270. R-freshman John Mullins is 290 and is going to be a beast. If Tibo moves to end, they'll have Tyne and Bryce Carter rotate. With guys like John Lambert and Grant Udinski as backups.

LB: Might be the strength of the team with Wallace, Heyward and Paye all back as starters. Watch No. 29, Nygill Johnson, the former Nevada commit coming off the edge. Also Dymelle Parker as well.

S: Bit of a concern though Monty Fenner is back as a senior. Mantrell Reaves (Juco transfer) is not here yet. Coby Tippett and Mitch Boals are back.

CB: Biggest concern with so many leaving or hurt (JPD, Lyrics, McDade). Troy Vincent Jr. has been practicing but might not play on Saturday. Jamal Watson and Jihre Love have all played pretty well. Vashon McCants is in one of those non-contact jerseys. I think we'll see a freshman or two get a chance to play in the rotation in the fall. But do like Love a lot.