• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2019 Basketball Offers

The Garcia kid looks interesting because he de-committed from Miami-Ohio and has offers from JMU and Toledo. But in all of his highlights, I have yet to see a jumper outside of 8 feet. Doesn't mean he can't shoot it. Looks to have great quickness and is 6-2, 175-pound combo guard.

Go to his Twitter & he has a few clips that include him hitting outside shots. But he seems really dynamic in transition & driving & finishing 

One of our coaches following, and being followed, on Twitter, Demarkus  Lampley, 6’2 at Wallace CC, avg 26ppg, with 8 offers, including JMU

Edited by TSU88

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

One of our coaches following, and being followed, on Twitter, Demarkus  Lampley, 6’2 at Wallace CC, avg 26ppg, with 8 offers, including JMU

This kid appears to be a big-time scorer but that's a long ways away in Alabama. Kind of a gunner. Whether he wants to stay at home and go to Troy or up north to JMU or Towson, it's his decision. We just need another option but personally, I'd like to see a freshman combo guard unless we can find a juco like Fobbs. Maybe he's like Fobbs in some ways (3pt shooting) but his overall shooting (39%) is not great. Bottom line is that they can't miss on these two ships and if another one opens, that's probably where you look at at a D1 transfer or grad transfer.

If you go D1 transfer, he has to sit out next year. But you’re absolutely right, PS has got to stick the landing on these 2 open scholarships, & 1 of them must be a PG. We’ve got a ton of offers out, and now looks like we’re competing with JMU in a couple of instances.

I believe singing period is from 4-17 to 5-15.

Edited by TSU88

Mat, I think the link for Lampley’s stats might be from last season, it looks like he’s avg 26ppg, while shooting 48% from the field & 42% from 3.

4377A284-CBED-4191-87E4-32393700C496.png

4 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

If you go D1 transfer, he has to sit out next year. But you’re absolutely right, PS has got to stick the landing on these 2 open scholarships, & 1 of them must be a PG. We’ve got a ton of offers out, and now looks like we’re competing with JMU in a couple of instances

Getting a D1 transfer to sit out is what we've done basically ever year under Skerry. I know they wanted Gray to play this year, due to some hardship but the admin couldn't get it done. That's a damn shame because he would have been that second scorer opposite of Fobbs that we missed. They are going to get a point guard. That's a guarantee but a quality one? Who knows. That's why I wouldn't mind a PG and a combo guard. And I do think Timberlake could ultimately play some PG down the road just because it's in his genes. But they are also scouting bigs so I think there will be at least one more ship available.

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Mat, I think the link for Lampley’s stats might be from last season, it looks like he’s avg 26ppg, while shooting 48% from the field & 42% from 3.

4377A284-CBED-4191-87E4-32393700C496.png

You're right. I was looking at 2017-18. Getting new glasses for a reason this week at some point (lol). Getting old though apparently my eyesight is improving somewhat.

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I realize it’s JUCO, but that’s an impressive stat line, including 89% from the foul line

The shooting is impressive. Not sure he's a willing passer though. Again, that's a long way from Towson. Now JMU may be after a lot of these guys we're after but how long is Louis Rowe going to be around?