• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2019 Basketball Offers

13 hours ago, mat1992 said:

This kid appears to be a big-time scorer but that's a long ways away in Alabama. Kind of a gunner. Whether he wants to stay at home and go to Troy or up north to JMU or Towson, it's his decision. We just need another option but personally, I'd like to see a freshman combo guard unless we can find a juco like Fobbs. Maybe he's like Fobbs in some ways (3pt shooting) but his overall shooting (39%) is not great. Bottom line is that they can't miss on these two ships and if another one opens, that's probably where you look at at a D1 transfer or grad transfer.

13 hours ago, TSU88 said:

If you go D1 transfer, he has to sit out next year. But you’re absolutely right, PS has got to stick the landing on these 2 open scholarships, & 1 of them must be a PG. We’ve got a ton of offers out, and now looks like we’re competing with JMU in a couple of instances.

I believe singing period is from 4-17 to 5-15.

Not sure why "he can't miss on these scholarships"?  He's here another what 5-6 years?  There is no urgency or hot seat.

Colby CC is where Brian Starr went.

No to Bol. He averages 5 points & 5 boards a game. I don’t care how tall he is.

No to Beaudoin. He shoots 41% from the field, which drops to 27% from 3, & only 64% from the foul line. We’ve already got guys who can do all that.

OliverHampton is a maybe. 6’8, from PG County, shoots 52% from the field, 33% from 3, & averages almost 8 boards a game.

With all this being said, I would really prefer the last 2 open ships go to HS kids rather than 2-year bandaid JUCO’s. 

No offers, just interest. No way the  first two ships go to these guys but you have to continue to recruit for 2019 just in case.

I agree, you have to cast a wide net, in case the guys you really want go elsewhere. Just not sure why we’d even be interested in 2 of these guys, but as long as we’re just kicking the tires, & not buying, that’s fine. Although again, the 1 kid is a bit intriguing 

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/jason-gibson-leads-sidwell-friends-to-upset-over-st-johns-first-dcsaa-title-game-appearance/2019/03/01/609f7a86-3c50-11e9-a06c-3ec8ed509d15_story.html?utm_term=.18e2c50a8f18

Was only really recruited by Bryant and Columbia but opened some eyes in the HS playoffs in D.C. Assuming not a lot of D1 players are coming out of richy-rich Sidwell Friends.

• Haha 1