• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

2019 Basketball Offers

10 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

I agree; given the number of options out there, I’d rather use 1 of the open scholarships on a HS kid, or even a JUCO or sit one transfer with more of a ceiling than this guy. Maybe McKissic is a Morman type; I wouldn’t be wowed if we landed this guy. I know another poster criticized my infatuation with Sam Iorio, because he’s not “athletic” enough, but I’ll take a guy who can shoot, even if he doesn’t possess the measurables, over a guy who can jump out the building and bench press a school bus, but can’t shoot. 

A Mormon-type? I'm guessing not from the looks of him. It appears all the transfers they are going after are sit-out guys so I can read between the line that they might be getting two sit out dudes.

Just thinking maybe this guy has some similarities to Deshaun Morman-he did have a lot of steals last year, & Morman was known for his D. Anyway, I hope the fact that there are so many transfers works to our benefit. One things for sure...there are going to be a boatload of new players this fall and next. This fall will be Gray, Timberlake (basically new), Thompson, Gibson + the 2 open ships. And we have 4 seniors this coming season (Fobbs, Tunstall, Howard & Sanders). 

• Like 1

Chris Clarke from Virginia Tech is a bit above our pay grade. Maybe he'll transfer to UMBC to play for Ryan Odom, who apparently is waiting for the Wake Forest job to open up.

1 hour ago, TSU88 said:

There are reports that Odom turned down the Virginia Tech job.

Yes, that's why I mentioned Wake Forest.

Curious that we’d even be looking at anymore PG’s for this upcoming season. We’ve already got Gibson, Dottin & Howard could even be slotted in.

He doesn't really fit the profile of the points guards we were going after aside from Gibson. Unless Dottin isn't returning or is moving to linebacker and switching sports, I don't see how he fits in.

• Haha 1