• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

2019 Football Offers/Commits

Most of the videos of Brown show him making tackles but it looks like he plays more free safety. Haven't seen many of him defending the pass. He's listed at 5-11, 195, benches 365, squats 425

Scuttlebutt is that we will pick up a couple of FBS offensive linemen, hopefully an FBS RB with size. They are trying to keep it on the downlow so no other schools try and scoop in and poach. So might not hear about it until Feb. 5 with the signing date on Feb. 6.

You would think without about a thousand FBS guys in the infamous transfer portal, would could find a quality DL or two. Penn State has a bunch of them.

Ok, he sounds like a definite future linebacker. Hackshaw that is.

https://www.fredericknewspost.com/sports/level/high_school/hackshaw-titans-stand-tall-against-knights/article_62f32366-09a4-5cd3-8b5b-d5d970fbff85.html

Meanwhile, all quiet on the late signing period front. From what I hear, they are adding several FBS transfers and they want to keep it quiet so as I said somewhere else, I might not hear about the specifics the day before if not on Feb. 7. Desperately need a RT, another DT, maybe a DE and of course, everybody's favorite, a big RB. Might be adding an inside linebacker as well. So this last class might be filled with mostly transfers. 

One name to remember from last year's class is Daniel Thompson, the big WR from Virginia. I thought he blocked as well as any HS Towson receiver I've ever seen on highlights and nobody really shows blocking highlights from WRs on Hudl. As RA mentioned the day they signed him, he might not make the grade and would have to take the community college route. Not sure if he'll be there in the spring but certainly should be available by summer camp of the 2019 season.

We're really building a nice group of receivers for Flacco and then Miller/Stover. The only thing will be missing is a speed guy aside from Leatherbury. At least, we're getting more size. Darian Street from Pitt should also be a nice pickup with three years left. Then you'll have Street, Jabari Allen, Daniel Thompson, Charles Murphy (2* stud from NJ) anchoring what should be a pretty damn good corps. Now if you improve the OL for Miller, and add to that RB Corps, we could be really good on O after Flacco leaves. But won't be a spread option team I assume. Certainly not if Miller is the starter. 

• Like 1