• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Drexel Preview

I saw Drexel back over Xmas against Temple and two things stood out to me when I thought about how we might size up to them:

1.  Demir is a beast inside.  Thomas might foul out in 5 mins if he guards him.  I don’t know how we’re gonna handle him in the post and on the boards. 

2.  While John is a pretty good shooter, he’s a very slow on-the-ball defender. Whoever he is checking should make it a point to get around him as much as possible. 

Kurk Lee has been out since December so I don’t think we’ll see him but otherwise, we can beat these clowns.  We’ll see if our guys decide to bring their basketball sense. 

Lee had 19 in the last game off the bench in their loss at UNCW (after they shocked CofC).  Al Thomas hasn't played in the last two games. Probably questionable for this one. Sanders and Tunstall on Demir. Drexel is putting up about 78 points per game but giving up nearly 80 so they want to go with a fast tempo and we basically play slow-down. It means nothing, but we have beaten this team six straight times. Unfortunately, I see the streak being broken unless Fobbs goes nuts with 30 points.

Talking to one of the managers, he said that Al has a torn labrum in his hip so I don’t know if he’s going to play. Even if he can go, He really shouldn’t. I mean if he gets any slower he’ll be standing still.

Demir is definitely a stud. To be honest, I don’t know who will guard him, especially in the post. Hopefully Skerry starts Solomon U, he may be the best bet, even with lack of experience. 

Harper is also a very solid player. Averages around 16 on the season. However the way we guard opposing scorers, he’s going to have a career high tomorrow. 

With our poor defense many teams matchup ok with us. I do not feel you guys match up well at all. That does not mean a whole lot, but it should be an interesting game. Demir comes and goes. He bases his game on whether he is needed or not. When he decides he is needed he forces the issues a bit too much, but he can score anywhere and with his size causes matchup problems for most. Now that Kurk Lee has returned, it will be interesting to see how we use him since Wynter has done a great job in his absence. Harper will drive it down your throats until you prove you can stop him. John is a very good shooter, but, yes as a whole our team is slow-footed in our defense. We are very easy to blow by with the drive. John is not any worse than others, in my opinion. It is a collective issue.

10 hours ago, Towsonfan2014 said:

Talking to one of the managers, he said that Al has a torn labrum in his hip so I don’t know if he’s going to play. Even if he can go, He really shouldn’t. I mean if he gets any slower he’ll be standing still.

Demir is definitely a stud. To be honest, I don’t know who will guard him, especially in the post. Hopefully Skerry starts Solomon U, he may be the best bet, even with lack of experience. 

Harper is also a very solid player. Averages around 16 on the season. However the way we guard opposing scorers, he’s going to have a career high tomorrow. 

Looks like he’s practicing