• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
Ironman42

St.Francis

ST Francis will be a good test for Towson was looking at there statistics from the Wagner game they look pretty good of course I don't know how good of a team Wagner is . But nevertheless it will be a more balanced opponent the Maryland was before for Towson get into conference play.i think we should see a better Towson team this weekend.

Wagner was 6-5 last year, though 1 win was over a D2 team, and another was over an NAIA team. However, they did beat St. Francis last year, & lost to them pretty badly yesterday.

As I mentioned in another thread, St. Francis' QB is a U of Houston transfer. One thing we have going for us is their star DB from last year, Lorenzo Jerome, is gone (he's the guy who not only returned a fumble like 90 yds for a TD against us last year, but he also delivered the vicious hit on Mahalak which effectively ruined his season, and perhaps by extension TU's season). I believe he is now playing with the 49ers.

An now We get to measure outrselves against an underfunded NEC team.  Less than 35 scholarships and a 1500 seat stadium on the ROAD. I just got a text from   A Red Flash FB alum. After watching us on film, they expect to win.

Runda, I think you're missing the point, with all due respect. As I see it, it's not a question of measuring in the big picture where we are as a CAA program with a bigger stadium and more scholarships than poor little underfunded St. Francis (paranthethically, if I had to pick today, I would pick St. Francis to win). It's more a question of using St. Francis, a pretty good FCS team (who I believe has been to the playoffs more recently than us) to get a more accurate measurement of where we are as a team this year. In other words, Morgan State is not a good measuring stick of our D, because their offense stinks. On the other hand, U MD is not a good measuring stick of our D either, for they are as dynamic, at least after 2 games, as Morgan is pitiful. So, enter St. Francis, which is clearly better than Morgan, but clearly not as good as U MD. Hence, they should provide us a better gauge of where we stand in general. Just like our fictitious friend Goldilocks found one bed too hard, and another too soft (I think she had a similar conundrum with porridge) Morgan State & U MD are simply too much at opposite ends of the spectrum to make any rational assessment as it pertains to our squad. Sooo, St. Francis is "just right."

Edited by TSU88
Typos

1 hour ago, RundaPower said:

An now We get to measure outrselves against an underfunded NEC team.  Less than 35 scholarships and a 3500 seat stadium on the ROAD. I just got a text from   A Red Flash FB alum. After watching us on film, they expect to win.