• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Richmond postmortem

Olsen was on campus a month, tops, if that.  Yet, using that as an example, you are on point in that the Ambrose Brother's inability to spot talent on the high school level, recruit them to campus, and then develop those players into contributing members of the program, leads to even more questionable decisions in bringing in the lauded "players to be named later", such as Kevin Olsen, who was a multiple time loser at other programs. The fact that their investigation into this kid's past was so lacking in detail that they could not see that he had major character flaws, and had to be bounced from the program so quickly, is truly sad.

Setting the program back years is a bit extreme, as Olsen came in after a recruiting class was signed and was gone before the end of spring ball, so there was absolutely 0 lost opportunities to sign another high school kid the following February or, to sign another player to be named later at the end of the Spring Semester or the end of the following season.  No matter what, Ambrose made the decision to bring in the flawed kid and thus, he alone, as the head coach, was the person responsible.

None of this matters, as Ambrose is never going to get fired, or bought out from his contract.  

You’re right-I meant FBS transfers. We need them, but the ones I mentioned (Mahalak, Tsimis, Kilgore) haven’t worked out. At this point, I’m exceedingly skeptical this coaching staff is capable of competently evaluating potential transfers. Not the staff’s fault if a kid gets injured, but wasn’t Tsimis, for example, injury prone at Rutgers? If so, why bring him in? 

2 minutes ago, DocMinnegan said:

Olsen was on campus a month, tops, if that.  Yet, using that as an example, you are on point in that the Ambrose Brother's inability to spot talent on the high school level, recruit them to campus, and then develop those players into contributing members of the program, leads to even more questionable decisions in bringing in the lauded "players to be named later", such as Kevin Olsen, who was a multiple time loser at other programs. The fact that their investigation into this kid's past was so lacking in detail that they could not see that he had major character flaws, and had to be bounced from the program so quickly, is truly sad.

Setting the program back years is a bit extreme, as Olsen came in after a recruiting class was signed and was gone before the end of spring ball, so there was absolutely 0 lost opportunities to sign another high school kid the following February or, to sign another player to be named later at the end of the Spring Semester or the end of the following season.  No matter what, Ambrose made the decision to bring in the flawed kid and thus, he alone, as the head coach, was the person responsible.

None of this matters, as Ambrose is never going to get fired, or bought out from his contract.  

Vlad Lee. That's all I'm going to say.

1 minute ago, TSU88 said:

You’re right-I meant FBS transfers. We need them, but the ones I mentioned (Mahalak, Tsimis, Kilgore) haven’t worked out. At this point, I’m exceedingly skeptical this coaching staff is capable of competently evaluating potential transfers. Not the staff’s fault if a kid gets injured, but wasn’t Tsimis, for example, injury prone at Rutgers? If so, why bring him in? 

Yes, again, I mentioned Tsimis and CJ Williams as injured players. They are both grad transfers. Taking two chances on grad transfers with injury histories proved to be a mistake. We also have struggled to recruit on the offensive line

Just now, TSU88 said:

But Vlad Lee didn’t come. We didn’t get any W’s for being the runner up to JMU 

That's not what I meant. We took Olsen, who had more talent but was troubled. We could have had Lee.

It is good to mix some transfers but you can't build your program focusing on transfers spend the time on building the players you have recruited from day one.if you gonna get transfers QB  makes since because good ones are so hard to come by on every level