• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB downs Bucknell in Ex. Game

Quotes after the game

Skerry opening statement
Thanks for coming out. Hopefully we made money. It was for a good cause. Have to watch the film and look at the stats. Obviously we didn't guard and rebound like we normally do. We are going to play differently. We're going to play faster. We're deeper. We were missing two pretty good players in Morman and Tunstall, who are going to be back.
Proud of Justin (Gorham), but not surprised. He's had a great offseason. He's changed his body, become more mature. Mike (Morsell) has played the way he needs to play. He knows what's at stake. Good test for us. That's a good club. I think our depth got to them and the pace of the game in the second half. That's how we plan on playing hopefully with some better numbers defensively. Last week we guarded better at Richmond in a scrimmage. That didn't carry over but we have work to do.

On state of program
This is top to bottom the healthiest our program has been. This is an ultra-competitive group. Zane had a big night in our scrimmage but didn't have a big night tonight. Different guys, different night. If this group is willing to  sacrifice, we're going to have a very good year.

On starting lineup
We have a main nine guys with Dennis and DeShaun back. Travis Ingram will help us. He's a jitterbug and hell of an athlete. Do we play Jordan at the point or does Jeff play? He helped himself today in a backup role. Al has been a starter but was out for 10 days. Deshaun was nicked up. Dennis got hurt on Friday. If you don't practice, you won't start. These guys don't care. They saw that John Davis was all-conference coming off the bench. They all want to play, but we're going to play a lot of guys.

Justin Gorham
I'm very comfortable. Going to Canada really helped my game. Our weight training staff has done a great job. This is the best shape I've been in my life. Strength, quickness and conditioning.

Morsell
It's a big year. I think we have gotten closer and closer every year. Now, I just have to bring the team together. There is no next year. I have to be the best I can be. We're playing faster, less sets. I just like to get it and go.

Skerry
We had a long summer about managing bodies. These guys get after each other at practice. They are very competitive. We have to be careful.

On Bucknell
They won 26 games last year. Their entire starting five is back. They have a great center and power forward. We went up to Canada to play Carleton. Our guys were very engaged. That has to be a consistent thing. Both teams will benefit from this game.

On freshmen.
They are going to play behind older guys. We have a great senior class but next season, these kids will need to play. We have an excellent transfer sitting out (Sanders). Hopefully the young guys will go from baggage handlers to be the main guys.

On three point shooting
I think we're going to shoot more three's. We've been top 12 in the country in free throw attempts and offensive rebounding. Our skill level is much better than it has been in terms of shooting threes.

10 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Here are some highlights and I don't think it's associated with Towson University let's just say

Ha! Thought I accidently turned on a trap video.. WTH... lol