• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
TuTigers2012

Football to play North Dakota State in 2021

2 hours ago, mat1992 said:

Ok I guess comparing us two Maryland led me astray.

Just trying to make an fbs comparison on how rare this opportunity is.  In terms of the common fans knowledge 

Is this game during an active recruiting period? If so we should bring a lot of recruits (football and hoops) and family to the game. Depending on demand, maybe make this individual game part of a package deal, with other games...  No TV deal means we can likely put the game at any time we want, hopefully athletics doesn't screw the pooch on this one.

On 12/12/2019 at 4:49 PM, mat1992 said:

we’ll be back playing two FBS teams that year or three. Not sure if we’re playing JMU.

I don't follow you, Mat -- San Diego State is one FBS team on the sked. What's the other one (or two)?

21 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

I don't follow you, Mat -- San Diego State is one FBS team on the sked. What's the other one (or two)?

North Dakota State and JMU are FBS teams will in terms of quality of the team and program.They are better than at least 1/3 of the teams in FBS.

2021 & 2024 would be good years to not schedule JMU. The week after we play NDSU in 2021, we travel 3,000 miles to play San Diego State the next week. 

28 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

2021 & 2024 would be good years to not schedule JMU. The week after we play NDSU in 2021, we travel 3,000 miles to play San Diego State the next week. 

Tell the CAA not to give us JMU 

8 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Do the member teams not have any say in who their in-conference opponents are on a year-to-year basis? 

No. If they did, why would anybody want to play JMU ever?

• Haha 1