• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

D.C. Holiday Hoops Fest Preview

Would love to split the two games. These are all pretty good teams and Tulane ain't the same team we pummeled in AC last year.

Anyone whose interested in going, Groupon has half price tickets without Ticketmaster fees.

Just bought my ticket off Groupon. Thanks for mentioning that.

Sounds like it’s going to be lots of offensive fireworks 🧨, perhaps reminiscent of a game a few years ago we lost at home to C of C by something like 40-37

So I wonder which crew will be running this since this is truly a Flo Sports production. Not just the Towson Sports Network under the banner of Flo Sports.

By the way, looked at Akron and Tulane. Akron is very good and Ron Hunter has turned around Tulane by getting a bunch of transfers from big-time programs. I don't think any of these teams are unbeatable and we played the toughest schedule. But on paper, those teams might be better. 

Liberty is legit. They beat Vanderbilt on the road. They are basically a poor man's Virginia. They run a very slow pace and have some good shooters. I think UVa has the slowest pace in the nation (always) and Liberty is the second-slowest.

So walking the ball up the court against them is probably not the wisest. Push the ball off every rebound. We know our halfcourt offense is well, at times, offensive. It would also be nice to think that Fobbs is going to go off for two games and that would be great. But Betrand, Sanders and Gray really need to step up. Personally, I'd start Gray with Sanders to give us more offense. More balance because DT is not a threat to score. Teams can double Sanders down low and leave him open. They can't really do that if Gray is in the game.

10 hours ago, mat1992 said:

So I wonder which crew will be running this since this is truly a Flo Sports production. Not just the Towson Sports Network under the banner of Flo Sports.

By the way, looked at Akron and Tulane. Akron is very good and Ron Hunter has turned around Tulane by getting a bunch of transfers from big-time programs. I don't think any of these teams are unbeatable and we played the toughest schedule. But on paper, those teams might be better. 

Liberty is legit. They beat Vanderbilt on the road. They are basically a poor man's Virginia. They run a very slow pace and have some good shooters. I think UVa has the slowest pace in the nation (always) and Liberty is the second-slowest.

So walking the ball up the court against them is probably not the wisest. Push the ball off every rebound. We know our halfcourt offense is well, at times, offensive. It would also be nice to think that Fobbs is going to go off for two games and that would be great. But Betrand, Sanders and Gray really need to step up. Personally, I'd start Gray with Sanders to give us more offense. More balance because DT is not a threat to score. Teams can double Sanders down low and leave him open. They can't really do that if Gray is in the game.

It might be a joint venture with TU and WM? Tribe play in Sundays games. UNCW also played here earlier in the year.

Yeah, we are definitely the weakest of the 4 teams.

We won't push it though. Not our style

2 hours ago, TuTigers2012 said:

It might be a joint venture with TU and WM? Tribe play in Sundays games. UNCW also played here earlier in the year.

Yeah, we are definitely the weakest of the 4 teams.

We won't push it though. Not our style

Depends on the opponent. We weren’t walking the ball up against GW and Kent State.