• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

MBB routs Elon in home finale 84-71 (story up)

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/boxscore?gameId=401171863

https://towsontigers.com/news/2020/2/22/mens-basketball-towson-seniors-enjoy-win-over-elon.aspx

https://towsontigers.com/sports/mens-basketball/stats/2019-20/elon/boxscore/15053

Attendance of 2,511. Not bad. Really like when a home coach pulls his seniors late in the game (assuming they are up big) and the crowd gives them a standing ovation. Felt some goosebumps for that one. Can't get much better than that other than winning the big one.

And a little freshman shall lead them.

Got to admit, I had my doubts during that 3-game stretch where he went scoreless, but Gibson has really come on. 19 pts, 5 boards and 4 assists. Yeah, that’ll work.

Great crowd today (can’t remember last time I saw so many people in the lower bowl). Nice to send the seniors out with a W, and we are now guaranteed not to be in the play-in games. 

This offense just is a lot better when Sanders is touching & passing the ball (but please, stop over dribbling). If he could only avoid senseless fouls. 

Great game by Timberlake; if he becomes more consistent....

Great foul shooting; I’m not sure if we missed the front end of a one-and-one

On to Hofstra & NE. I’d be satisfied with a split

Edited by TSU88

The rebounding in the first half was beyond atrocious and frankly embarrassing. Great unselfish play though and we hit open shots. Everyone had a pretty good day and the bench was very good. 

The “prevent” defense we play late in second half gets alittle hairy luckily we have had semi big leads this year where it didn’t bite us in the ass. 

Locked in 2-6 seed now. Likely the 4-6 spot. Ideally we are 6 and Wm/hens 2-3 and hoftsra 1. Just my opinion. 4-5 is a shitty place and ne and Charleston have championship pedigree and seem to have our number. 

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

And a little freshman shall lead them.

Got to admit, I had my doubts during that 3-game stretch where he went scoreless, but Gibson has really come on. 19 pts, 5 boards and 4 assists. Yeah, that’ll work.

Great crowd today (can’t remember last time I saw so many people in the lower bowl). Nice to send the seniors out with a W, and we are now guaranteed not to be in the play-in games. 

This offense just is a lot better when Sanders is touching & passing the ball (but please, stop over dribbling). If he could only avoid senseless fouls. 

Great game by Timberlake; if he becomes more consistent....

Great foul shooting; I’m not sure if we missed the front end of a one-and-one

On to Hofstra & NE. I’d be satisfied with a split

Agreed. He even mixed it up getting some rebounds today.  We will miss fobbs as he is a great rebounding guard. 5 a game for his career 

Gibson's save of the ball going out of bounds and pass to Fobbs was a sight to behold. He also shot the three-ball well in the first half when we built our lead, and had a terrific drive through the lane for an and-one. He's built a nice freshman resume.

4 minutes ago, TigerFan54 said:

Gibson's save of the ball going out of bounds and pass to Fobbs was a sight to behold. He also shot the three-ball well in the first half when we built our lead, and had a terrific drive through the lane for an and-one. He's built a nice freshman resume.

And his dribbling through multiple Elon defenders, after which he dished to Timberlake for a dunk, was reminiscent of the Globetrotters vs Washington General’s 

19 minutes ago, El Tigre Oro said:

Did anyone think this team was winning 10 conference games. Kudos to the players and staff. Let’s finish strong and play our hearts out in DC.

No. Not after the way they started 0-3. 2 at home and just looked like shit. And that’s putting it nicely. 

This is definetly a pat skerry coaches team. Beat up on the bottom feeders. Win a couple against similar ish teams. Lose to all of the better ones