• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
tu_fan

Towson Clubs Hofstra

So, help me out here. NE is crushing JMU tonight, & will go to 9-8. But we’re 11-6, so even if we lose to NE on Sunday, they can’t catch us. I know we can’t finish 1st, but I think we also can’t drop to 6th. If we win Sunday, & W&M loses at home to Elon (unlikely) where does that leave us? In that scenario, both W&M & us would be 12-6.

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

So, help me out here. NE is crushing JMU tonight, & will go to 9-8. But we’re 11-6, so even if we lose to NE on Sunday, they can’t catch us. I know we can’t finish 1st, but I think we also can’t drop to 6th. If we win Sunday, & W&M loses at home to Elon (unlikely) where does that leave us? In that scenario, both W&M & us would be 12-6.

3rd. They own the tiebreaker  both 1-1 against Hofstra but they swept Delaware and 1-1 against Charleston. We were 1-3 vs that group

9 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

There may have been a message sent after losing to W&M last Thursday night where all we did was settle for jumpers and try to dribble through everyone.  Skerry said so in his postgame that night.  These guys definitely responded to whatever was said based on those assist stats from these last 2 games.

Likely. But WM was playing phenomenal defense and rebounded well that night.  I’m going to give you one of your quotes “there are 5 guys trying to win on the other side too”

Lets win Sunday & get 3rd place. I think that would put us in a rematch with NE in round 1. Not the worst scenario, as hopefully NE will have only a small contingent of fans in DC. Then if we could get a W in round one, we would avoid Hofstra in the semi’s 

2 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Lets win Sunday & get 3rd place. I think that would put us in a rematch with NE in round 1. Not the worst scenario, as hopefully NE will have only a small contingent of fans in DC. Then if we could get a W in round one, we would avoid Hofstra in the semi’s 

NE takes the air out of the ball and is deadly efficient offensively and from the line. Their defense isn’t at its typical level and they rebound poorly due to not having any size. Murphy’s been out almost all year and they start 6’6” bolden Brace the shooter at 5

25 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

Watched it on FloSports (sound muted). Wow, just wow. Helluva team effort. Should be a big confidence boost going into NE on Sunday.

Our big 2 got one big bucket after another, but I thought our bench was superb. Thompson with 7 boards and 6 points, Timberlake with 12 points & 6 boards and I think Dottin played his best game as a Tiger-6 points, 8 boards and 5 assists. 

Buie killed us earlier in the season; tonight our D forced him into a 2-14 shooting performance. We also dominated them on the boards.

With DE’s L tonight, I believe we’re in sole possession of 3rd place. Let’s bottle tonight and we’ll be in great shape Sunday & in DC

Sound muted was very smart. I know they had kids doing the games and I was there once sort of as a student but doing radio. But you need to prepare and know the names of the other team. You can't constantly call Gibby Jonathan Gibson and not have the play-by-play guy correct you. That's blatant disrespect for the other team. You can still root for Hofstra, but at least give a professional job and do some research.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

NE takes the air out of the ball and is deadly efficient offensively and from the line. Their defense isn’t at its typical level and they rebound poorly due to not having any size. Murphy’s been out almost all year and they start 6’6” bolden Brace the shooter at 5

I assume Murphy is redshirting. He’s only played 4 games all season 

3 minutes ago, TuTigers2012 said:

I would think most schools will have a small contingent in D.C. NE averages 1,100 a game at home. They are a hockey school.