• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
mat1992

Transfer Portal thread

Alright guys, let's not end this thread. I'll continue adding transfers that might have us (not likely) or other CAA teams on the list. Hopefully, I'll have more football news in the next few weeks, because that's where we could desperately need some.

16 minutes ago, griggey20 said:

Do we know why Holland left High Point?

No clue, only that he's playing closer to home. A lot of guys at this time are doing it. Don't want to guess because he did get a lot of playing time before his injury (toe).

There’s a school of thought that non-graduate transfers will be eligible this fall. Just google ncaa sit out rule

30563A2E-E151-4A46-B4E7-412CEFB43C3A.png

3 minutes ago, TSU88 said:

There’s a school of thought that non-graduate transfers will be eligible this fall. Just google ncaa sit out rule

30563A2E-E151-4A46-B4E7-412CEFB43C3A.png

Well, that would change things for a lot of schools. Of course, guys that leave that are not in good academic standings can crush your APR. This is going to be a CF if it passes.

Including us. Given current events, it’s not surprising some kids want to transfer to schools closer to home. This would give the NCAA an opportunity to recognize that fact. As I understand it, there are criteria. It has to be the kid’s 1st transfer, he has to get a release from the school he’s leaving, & be in good academic standing.

Dispensing with the sit one rule would also eliminate the disparity in some kids getting a waiver of the sit one requirement, while other kids are denied such a waiver. 

I think ultimately doing away with the sit one rule will be bad for schools like us. Absent the rule, kids at low-to-mid majors who are seeing stars in their eyes won’t be deterred from transferring to bigger schools by the fact they’d have to sit out a year 

Continuing this thread with CAA transfers.

Charleston gets guard Payton Willis (6-4, 200) from Minnesota (8.9ppg, 3.6rpg) and Vanderbilt. Starting guard for Minnesota who shot 35.4% from beyond the arc. May not be Riller, but very good pickup as a grad transfer.

From Stadium (I know, Kurt Lee).

CAA losses

Quan McCluney, 6-5, 190, G, Soph., Charleston (1.3 ppg)

Jaylen Richard, 6-4, 180, G, Soph., Charleston (3.3 ppg)

Jarvis Doles, 6-8, 210, F, Grad, Drexel (2.0 ppg – 5 games)

Sam Green, 6-6, 225, F, Grad, Drexel (5.2 ppg)

Kurt Lee 5-9, 150, G, Grad, Drexel

Duje Radja, 6-8, 235, F, Grad, Elon (0.5 ppg – 6 games)

Andy Pack, 6-4, 200, G, Soph., Elon (1.8 ppg)

Hal Hughes, 6-9, 220, F, Soph., Hofstra (0.4 ppg)

Jermaine Miranda, 6-4, 190, G, Fr., Hofstra (2.6 ppg)

Darius Banks, 6-5, 220, G, Jr., James Madison (12.1 ppg, 4.9 rpg)

Deshon Parker, 6-4, 195, G, Soph., James Madison (10.1 ppg)

Dwight Wilson, 6-8, 250, F, Jr., James Madison (9.8 ppg, 9.3 rpg) – OHIO

Maxime Boursiquot, 6-4, 235, F, Grad, Northeastern (9.0 ppg, 5.0 rpg)

Myles Franklin, 6-4, 180, G, Grad, Northeastern (3.0 ppg)

Tomas Murphy, 6-8, 230, C, Grad, Northeastern (9.3 ppg – 2 games) – VERMONT

TJ Howard, 6-2, 195, G, Grad, Towson – INDIANA STATE

Marten Linssen, 6-8, 255, F, Grad, UNC Wilmington

Kai Toews, 6-2, 185, G, Soph., UNC Wilmington (5.5 ppg, 4.3 apg – 13 games

Madison & NE hit the hardest. Remains to be seen if there will be any more defections. I seem to recall last year that guys were entering the portal as late as May. A little surprised Lewis from JMU hasn’t bolted, & hoping that Darling from DE turns pro, though I suspect he’ll be back.