• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS...of the GCS

Jumped out to a 12 or 14 point lead in the 2nd half, only to see Georgia Southern make a furious rally & go up by 4 or 5. Great resiliency to come back & win, on another night where ZM was not on his game. Morsell, tournament MVP, came up big, as did Starr, who also made the all-tournament team. Given our lack of a true backup PG, I could make a case that Starr is our most important player, and thus far he’s playing exceptionally well. Morman had a big 1st half.

Great win!! Is this our 1st tournament win of any type since 1991?

Starr is def. our most important player. Do worry about that backup PG spot. Need Prophete to get better. McNeill is serviceable but doesn't move the ball like Starr. First trny win since 1992 and ECC title at UMBC.

Georgia Southern was ranked 9th in a recent poll of top 25 mid major programs-they’re no cupcake. Nor is Penn for that matter. Our RPI hopefully will get a nice little bump. 

Well, my work here is done. I’ll leave the dreary 80 degree weather behind, in time to get home for turkey ? day tomorrow, with my GCS tournament champs t-shirt in tow, & some cool video from my iPhone, taken from on the court while the team was presented the championship ? 

Edited by TSU88
  • Like 1