• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

Pitino tweet

If Coach K said something like that, it would lend more credibility. But you have a broken down, old has-been coach who has lost his reputation and is now at Iona. Not saying he's wrong, but it's a bit too late to re-arrange all the schedules that these coaches and Dan Gavitt worked on for months to try and play as safe as possible. They'll just have to grin and bear hundreds of postponed and canceled games, though if they have half of the college shut down in December, they will have to move conference play up another month or two, because these programs that are hit hard will have to delay 2-3 weeks.

Personally, I would have told every school just to play 5 non-conference games minimum and play them within a two-hour radius. I don't get going to these bubbleville tournaments six or seven hours away. I mean I get that they are trying to do what the NBA did. But those players are getting paid. With many students leaving campus in a few weeks and the winter break, I think it's possible to have some sort of bubble within your own campus but you're asking a lot for everybody to be a saint. I think somebody also mentioned student managers can be an issue as well, so either get rid of them for one year or make sure they follow the program.

2 hours ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

Well keep in mind that hookers aren’t working right now!!!! 😉

Pimping ain’t easy!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, mat1992 said:

If Coach K said something like that, it would lend more credibility. But you have a broken down, old has-been coach who has lost his reputation and is now at Iona. Not saying he's wrong, but it's a bit too late to re-arrange all the schedules that these coaches and Dan Gavitt worked on for months to try and play as safe as possible. They'll just have to grin and bear hundreds of postponed and canceled games, though if they have half of the college shut down in December, they will have to move conference play up another month or two, because these programs that are hit hard will have to delay 2-3 weeks.

Personally, I would have told every school just to play 5 non-conference games minimum and play them within a two-hour radius. I don't get going to these bubbleville tournaments six or seven hours away. I mean I get that they are trying to do what the NBA did. But those players are getting paid. With many students leaving campus in a few weeks and the winter break, I think it's possible to have some sort of bubble within your own campus but you're asking a lot for everybody to be a saint. I think somebody also mentioned student managers can be an issue as well, so either get rid of them for one year or make sure they follow the program.

Mat, I totally agree. We could have played 5+ non-conference games all within a bus ride, instead of traveling all the way to Connecticut. Obviously, time will tell, but I’m assuming we’re going to see a slew of postponements and cancellations 

3 hours ago, TSU88 said:

Mat, I totally agree. We could have played 5+ non-conference games all within a bus ride, instead of traveling all the way to Connecticut. Obviously, time will tell, but I’m assuming we’re going to see a slew of postponements and cancellations 

Of course, we will. It will probably worse than college football. They had 15 games ppd or canceled this Saturday. But there are 330 college basketball teams. The NCAA only cares about the bigger programs and March Madness. If they can get through the P6ish conference, have a conference tournament and then MM, they won't care if a thousand games are ppd.

What are the requirements for postponing?  I’ve seen people within college hoops tweet about players being quarantined despite false positive or not testing positive.  
I’m not trying to be one side or the other, but what did colleges, programs and others including the rest of the nation/world honestly expect???

yeah I feel as though a “bubble” against local teams woulda worked better. 

Towson Umbc Loyola coppin Morgan. Mount umes

Philly 6 with penn state del del state 

Maryland navy g town American GW mason 

There’s plenty of options on the east coast to get 6-7 teams together for ooc games