• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
mat1992

Buffalo thread

If we actually grabbed a contested defensive rebound or 10 in the second half, this would be a close game. But no. I think the good thing is that the CAA is pretty bad and Buffalo, maybe San Fran and certainly Virginia are better than anyone in the CAA. What I don't understand is why you shorten your rotation in the second half playing the third game in three days. Why sit Mims. Gibson and Timberlake are obviously tired and worn out. Allen should have played a few minutes as well, even though he was awful offensively in the first half. His defense wasn't bad.

Bright side was Zane. Amazing and unfortunate that he's the best passer on the team.

6 minutes ago, Bay Area Tiger said:

No Covid excuse.  You gotta compete and we just aren’t right now.  

Lol come on Bay Tiger, there are always excuses made for Pat 

• Haha 1

Zane looks exhausted. Trying to carry the team. This is why I've been hoping all off season that Holland would be healthy enough to play. He could have been a good second option for Zane. Sorry, but Nick is just too inconsistent. When he misses his first few, you know he's going to lose his confidence and have a rough shooting night. 

We looked a lot better against Buffalo last season. A lot of that was due to Fobbs. He was not just a good scorer, but our best perimeter defender. As much as I got on our frontcourt for not scoring, Sanders was tough and Tunstall could rebound. Maybe Solly or Thompson could be that 4/5 man. I don't like moving Thompson to the 4 for lack of spacing, but we might have to go there for rebounding. At least against bigger teams. Unfortunately, he can't shoot from beyond 5 feet or at the line.