• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TSU88

MD beats D-III by only 17 points

Oakland lost to Michigan State by 13 today. Game was tied with 6 minutes left. Don’t let their 6-5 record deceive-they are a very talented & formidable foe. Wednesday’s game against them will be a stern test. 

If there were a team out there that shouldn't trash talk about its performances against D3 schools, it'd be Towson. Towson had some really underwhelming performances against St. Mary's and Frostburg. Two teams that Towson should have easily dropped 100 on. But I am not going to go complaining about those games. But say Towson somehow goes on to run the table.....that is something I am sure the committee looks at before giving out too generous of a seeding.

I definitely think Oakland will be tougher than Pitt. Pitt will be without Ryan Luther for when Towson visits, so I am liking Towson's odds in that one. Oakland is consistently one of the bigger names for mid-major teams and they are 4-0 at home so far. Also with the way Towson has escaped some close games, I just hope Towson can give themselves a chance to get out to a comfortable lead. Being in tight games on the road is always more difficult than it is at a neutral or home game.

Edited by lightspeednate

We beat the D3 teams by a combined 77 points. I don’t think the committee will look at those wins and I really wouldn’t worry about running the table. Oakland is going to be a a very tough task. They might be the best team we face all year though Charleston will be very good once Brantley is healthy 

Even without Brantley, CofC will be a handful. Chealey and Riller are a dynamic duo, and Riller can slice through the lane or knock down threes. I think our comeback win against them at SECU was our most impressive performance in quite while.

Haha light speed must be a turtle fan. And we aren’t running the table. Sorry it’s to difficult with our team and the schedule.  Even so non d1 games do not count towards post season eligibility. 

If we can scrape out a 2-2 road trip, we should throw skerry a parade

I for one would be satisfied with a 2-2 road trip. If it plays out that way, I’d prefer that the 2 W’s be in the conference games