• advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Sign in to follow this  
TuTigers2012

Ugly, embarrassing, pathetic. Pitt postgame

Morman is a typical Skerry type of player. Kind of like Guthrie but with a lot more athletic ability and a better defender. Yet he drives you crazy with his decisions with the basketball on offense. He's such a turnover machine but he has to touch the ball. He can't just sit in the corner and shoot Js. McNeill can sit in the corner but he is playing a lot of point guard.

I think maybe they overrated Jordan. Trying to play him at that point to get him on the floor more? He teases you with a good game in a losing effort against Oakland and then goes back to 1-4 in 13 minutes with 2 turnovers. I'm really hoping that Prophete gets better but he really hasn't shown me anything positive.

1 hour ago, TuTigers2012 said:

A game 4 miles down the road isn’t a true road game in my book sorry

Doesn’t matter how you consider it.  If the Committee gets to evaluate us, it will count as a road win...along with those other 5 games they have won away from home. 

Losing two road games to ODU and Pitt by a combined seven points isn't the worst thing in the world. The concern is not closing on the road, especially tonight. Bad shot selection. Zane can only do so much. He needs help. Oakland was a disaster but not entirely shocking the way they played against Michigan State.

32 minutes ago, Chris Datres said:

Doesn’t matter how you consider it.  If the Committee gets to evaluate us, it will count as a road win...along with those other 5 games they have won away from home. 

No doubt. This only matters if we win the CAA and they look at our resume'. Are we at 12, 13, or 14? Hell, I really won't care that much if we win the thing but when you have to close on a neutral site, we kind of proved that by winning two tournaments. If we have to close against CofC in the tournament, it's going to be a lot tougher, esp. with a healthy Brantley in March. That's why this first game is HUGE. After reading their boxscore and their win over Coastal Carolina on the road by two, he played 25 minutes off the bench and went 1-for-8. Obviously rusty but I'm assuming he'll start against us next week. Not feeling too confident now about that one.

5 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

When you don’t need to travel and spend the night before away from home. All caa games except for Delaware are like that. So 0-3 in games like that is a major concern 

8 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

Committee? Committee for what? Lol. There is no way Towson gets considered for any NCAA play unless we win the CAA tourney...

1 hour ago, tualum said:

Committee? Committee for what? Lol. There is no way Towson gets considered for any NCAA play unless we win the CAA tourney...

I know this.  If we win the CAA, they will have to evaluate us for seeding purposes.  Having 6 road/neutral wins in the book already helps.  That’s why the RPI going into last nite was in the mid 30s. 

The one thing that has befuddled me about Skerry, is that when he was a player he was a “floor general” Point Guard. The fact that he has not put a premium on finding a “floor general” point guard throughout his tenure, continues to drive me bonkers.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Chris Datres said:

I know this.  If we win the CAA, they will have to evaluate us for seeding purposes.  Having 6 road/neutral wins in the book already helps.  That’s why the RPI going into last nite was in the mid 30s. 

Even if we did win CAA. We'd probably be in the first four games as 15 or 14 so wouldn't matter really.lol